GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where so the 5 chimes come from, they are very loud and only go off when i am in the can alone, very strange. Also, when the chimes go off, it turns off my hearing aids.

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT 2.4 FWD
465 Posts
Where so the 5 chimes come from, they are very loud and only go off when i am in the can alone, very strange. Also, when the chimes go off, it turns off my hearing aids.
If it happens only when you're in the car alone, this might be a clue that you're talking about the seat belt warning chime? Do you have items sitting on the passenger seat when you're by yourself?

·
Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
228 Posts
Don't underestimate the question that garagerog asked about something on the passenger seat. It's been reported that something even as small and of little weight, like a cell phone, can be enough for the sensors to believe that someone is sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Its the capacitance of the small devices triggering the seat sensor.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Newer GM's have a 2 level sensor in the pass. seat. You may see 1 or 2 displayed on the passenger belt warning light. Its for child or adult detection in the seat. 2 for adult.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Y’all not reading the original post?! He said he was in the can. I ain’t got nothing in my can that chimes! Not sure what I’d do at 2 AM if something did chime in there! 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts