GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Terrain SLT with 4 cyl occasionally sounds off with five chimes. No check engine lights or any other warnings. Any Ideas why?

·
Registered
135 Posts
2013 Terrain SLT with 4 cyl occasionally sounds off with five chimes. No check engine lights or any other warnings. Any Ideas why?
Possibly passenger seat sensor, sounds odd but if my phone is on it the right way it will activate the sensor and alert that the seatbelt is not buckled. The light is above the rearview mirror. The first time it happened I was completely confused, went to pick up chipotle for everyone at work and took me the entire drive back to realize it set off the sensor.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Your vehicle can send a warning chime for multiple reasons.
When the chime is sounded look at the Driver Information Center on the instrument cluster.
In most cases the DIC will show the reason for the chime in text or symbol.

Look fast, sometimes it will only show for a few seconds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you look at the stereo screen? In my 14 with my phone on bluetooth, mine chimes if text messages come in.

I shut that off as I can wait until I stop to look at text messages.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have something on the passenger seat? Groceries? Purse?
Five chimes usually means seatbelt warning. Our Terrain does this
too, I then put whatever onto the backseat or floor.

-Dan

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine does it every time I set something over 5 lbs on set or my phone when charging

Possibly passenger seat sensor, sounds odd but if my phone is on it the right way it will activate the sensor and alert that the seatbelt is not buckled. The light is above the rearview mirror. The first time it happened I was completely confused, went to pick up chipotle for everyone at work and took me the entire drive back to realize it set off the sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts