GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Chevy all-weather mats for our 2011 Equinox. The driver's side mat has holes that go over the posts on the floor. But, there doesn't seem to be any way to keep the mat on the posts. It seems the mat can slip over the posts very easily. Does anyone else have these mats? Is there a way to keep the mat on the posts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you push the mat down so that the post comes up through the hole?
Or are the holes too big for the posts? If so...maybe you got some defective mats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mat goes over the posts but it sits loosely. The holes are a bit bigger than the posts. Not real loose, but not tight enough to hold...

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Be careful with your mats slipping. As I recall, some of the Camry gas pedal problems were caused by that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... I bought them on ebay so I probably can't return them. The part number matched what I found on the GM site. The GM site doesn't seem to use a different part number for mid 2011 versus earlier models. We bought our Nox in mid June and the standard mats snap over the posts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the all weather chevy mats and my guess is that you are missing the plasticclips on the mats. The driver mat does snap in and secure.

Jake

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered some Lloyd Berber mats for the front embroidered with Equinox and a Lloyd rubber cargo mat for the rear. My husband has Lloyd mats in his Corvette and thinks they make a great product. I'm looking forward to getting them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got the new Lloyd Berber mats and really do like them very much. They look great and they were just the touch my Equinox needed to enhance the interior even more. I also like the Lloyd rubber cargo mat and it fits the cargo area perfectly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just an FYI... The all-weather Chevrolet mats that I got for my 2010 Equinox have already started to fall apart. I wouldn't recommend them. I have already begun looking into other mats to replace these.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I 2nd that on the dealer installed chevy all-weather floor mats. I received mine, just after I took delivery of my 11 LT1, in Nov of 11. By late august of of this year, the front passenger mat was a series of rubber strings. Dealer stated that there was no warranty on them.
I would pass on them. I'm getting weathertech from brother, for a holiday gift. Husky liners were great for my last car, but don't look like they will have a cover for dead pedal, so.........

·
Registered
194 Posts
Same thing with me. I bought the GM mats for my 2010 in late December of 2009. The drivers side mat was strings in four months. The dealer gave me a complete new set. That set sat in boxes until the first snow of 2010. Itook them out in the spring of 2011. They held up better then the first set but I won't pay for another new set.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
LeftyPJB said:
Just an FYI... The all-weather Chevrolet mats that I got for my 2010 Equinox have already started to fall apart. I wouldn't recommend them. I have already begun looking into other mats to replace these.
Did you ever bring this to the attention of your dealer? Please feel free to contact me directly for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts