GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Chevy Equinox 2011 Error code P0017 2.4 LAF engine

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  quaidvohra 
#1 · (Edited)
My car is giving this code P0017. When reset, the check engine light goes off. The light comes back on again after 3-4 starts. The car has 137k miles on it.

The readings on the oscilloscopes are perfect for both crankshaft camshft position.

Before the check engine light came on it took me three tries to start the car. When the check engine light came on, I checked the oil level. It was low and dark. I have replaced the oil. I hear a rattling/ticking noise from the passenger side engine compartment.

Where do I begin to diagnose the issue?

#2 ·
Either way at 137k miles you might want to consider a full timing chain / water pump balance chain ECT... A good way to check Everything out is to take off the valve cover and take a look to see how much slack in in your timing chain and make sure the camshaft phasers are locked and inspecting the chain guides can be done just remove the valve cover you will see....

#3 ·
Either way at 137k miles you might want to consider a full timing chain / water pump balance chain ECT... A good way to check Everything out is to take off the valve cover and take a look to see how much slack in in your timing chain and make sure the camshaft phasers are locked and inspecting the chain guides can be done just remove the valve cover you will see....
Thank you. I will check on the slack in the timing chain and inspect the chain guides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.