GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
From what I can see from your posting history here you have made 5 posts since 2010 and 4 of them have had something to do with not understanding how to use the site. What exactly is your problem? Hard to explain how to do something if we don't know what the something is. :shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
before i get too frustrated and throw my laptop across the room, can anyone tell me which of the 4 sensors i need to replace associated with a PO017 code crankshaft position sensor -camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor B

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
notyou said:
ok. I think i may have figured out where to type. Cant say that i am a fan of how this site works. I just want to get some advise yet im having more trouble trying to figure out how this forum works
notyou....Looks as if you just joined the forum today. What problems are you having. This forum is not so different than most others. List your difficulties and I'm sure members will assist you.
IceMan

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
If I had to guess, which so far is all we can do, I'd guess that he is having a problem finding the "New Topic" icon/menu item (what ever you want to call it). I belong to numerous forums on a number of topics and I have to admit this one is by far the hardest one to figure out how to start a new topic.

I guess I can understand why the New Topic selection doesn't appear on all forum pages as it helps keep new topics in the proper sections of the forum. That's fine, as I have seen what happens when the New Topic icon is to easy to get to and new stuff gets posted in all kinds of sections where it doesn't belong BUT with this site I really find it hidden away much to deep and not highlighted at all , especially for folks like myself that tend to respond to individual posts more than open new threads. When I do want to open a thread, it's always a bit of a treasure hunt. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Just scroll down and find the appropriate section on the left side of home page. Click on your chosen section and 'new topic' is listed in the right hand banner at top of page.
IceMan

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Yes, I understand that now but man it took a bit of effort before I figured that out. I have this forum open from my bookmark list to this page:

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php

then it takes a bit of scrolling, and clicking to get to:

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?board=15.0

so I can open a new thread and then I have to find the New Topic item all the way over on the right hand side when there is a full line of selection items right at the top of the page on the left hand side of the screen. All of that being said, 9 times out of 10 I could have asked the same question in the Terrain section and got the same answer. So having the New Topic selection at least one level up would have made life a bit easier IMHO.

It's fine once you've figured it all out but I can see it being a problem for new members or people like me that only open new thread on rare occasions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We've updated our reliability stats for the Equinox to include owner experiences through June 30, 2016. Reliability information elsewhere is based on a survey conducted in April 2015--well over a year ago.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2016 Equinox: 0, low, small sample size
2015 Equinox: 12, low
2014 Equinox: 19, low
2013 Equinox: 20, low
2012 Equinox: 29, low
2011 Equinox: 60, moderate
2010 Equinox: 85, high
2008 Equinox: 75, moderate, very small sample size
2006 Equinox: 32, low, very small sample size

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Equinox: 87, < 1
2014 Equinox: 84, < 1
2013 Equinox: 81, < 1
2011 Equinox: 53, 6
2010 Equinox: 56, 14

We'll have further updates in November and next February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Equinox reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We've updated our reliability stats for the Equinox to include owner experiences through September 30, 2016.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2016 Equinox: 0, low, small sample size
2015 Equinox: 14, low
2014 Equinox: 8, low
2013 Equinox: 24, low
2012 Equinox: 27, low
2011 Equinox: 75, high
2010 Equinox: 75, high
2008 Equinox: 65, moderate, very small sample size
2006 Equinox: 34, low, very small sample size

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Equinox: 86, < 1
2014 Equinox: 92, < 1
2013 Equinox: 77, < 1
2012 Equinox: 76, < 1
2011 Equinox: 45, 3
2010 Equinox: 57, 9

Additional participants always helpful, especially for years without stats or with small sample sizes.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Equinox reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently drove a Malibu with the 1.5 and it appears that for want of a few cents of sound insulation GM will cede its share of the domestic midsize sedan market to its rivals; it sounded so coarse I winced when accelerating onto the freeway. I could happily live with an Equinox LT but an Malibu LT is out of the question.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts