GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to know when the companies you represent stop taking people for fools,on this forum alone there are over 100 documented customers highly dissatisfied with these products and for very good reasons.If we were balloons we would bust from all of the hot air blown up our a...s by so called representatives which include dealers,district reps and of course GM themselves.Tricia you have yourself told me you forwarded my concerns to someone who mattered yet I never heard ANYTHING back from them which leads me to believe either you are not being taken seriously or they just do not care.I got action in 11 days after filing the Lemon Law so I think your efforts fell (fall) on deaf ears or into the category of "not yet is it a concern" we really need to pay attention to.

I am in a new Terrain and everyday wonder is this the day, I view these boards and see so many people STILL having problems most of which seem to be falling on deaf ears...as if it's THEIR fault.The communication comming from GM is absolutley horrible,like a systamatic state of confusion.

Yesterday I went back to my Dealer who installed the crossrails as part of my agreement with GM and to pick up a check they owed me for a wood dash kit I had installed on my devil machine,which by the way my dealer laid out to me as I was concerned about having to possibly wait months to actually get it from GM themselves.I remember the time before,the LAST time I was in for repairs there were probbaly 6 new Terrains on their lot,none this time..I asked the service gal where were all of the Terrains thinking wow maybe they have been sold...she informed me OH they are probably around the back...I thought hmmm around back..not on front lot???????

I could end this saying I am venting but it's way more than a vent or rant it is TOTAL disgust in how thsi whole situation is being handled and has been handled.

Now GM can not even get it's recalls worded right as we the consumers spend our HARD EARNED monies stuffing their pockets and getting treated like peons just living in their worlds.

So I have a new Terrain but still live in fear from past experiences and present concerns about other posters who believe it or not are suffering through a GM screw up and at their expense of daily aggravation!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Of course islaguy...you know I agree..

I also had another GM customer assistance on this forum tell me to PM my info and she would get some assistance..never heard anything..

I have been to the dealers 5 times for this issue..gave them the lemon law FRA (final repair attempt) letter. they looked at it..couldnt duplicate it...told me to pick it up...I have not heard at all from the dealer or the GM district supervisor.. GM Business Resource rep told me they are not doing anyting at this time..to contact my BBB case worker...BBB says have to wait until goes to arbitration...

SO here I am with my 2011 GMC Terrain with 7-8 months of rattling startups...engine parts replaced, stalling, engine lights...a recall comes out..no one with GM even bothers to just try it on my vehicle...

And I really like the Terrain..Its a great looking vehicle...I like the look and feel of the ride and the interior..Its a great car...except for the issues with this I-4 engine...I had the 2.4 I-4 engine in my last vehicle ...Chevey HHR (different I-4 than the terrains)_...and it ran like a champ..never had engine issues...think i had about 130,000 on her when traded it in..

I find it really sad actually...my father worked for GM research labs in Warren Mi for 40+ years as head of Metallurgy Dept. I come from a GM family..My Grandfather worked for Delco-remy..I have purchased 6 new GM vehicles in past 25 years..(my job..I have to have a new vehicle every 4-5 years.)...and this is how Im treated....

I dont know what happened to GM....but its going to eventually catch up to them..again....and I hope my tax dollars dont bail them out..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Let's see if this post gets deleted too. No heads up or PM on why my last one on this topic was deleted.

I posted a problem here a while ago and Tricia gave me the same speal. A week later I received a call from GM customer service, so Tricia is doing something.

Of course getting any help from customer service is hit or miss.

·
Registered
949 Posts
For the record, the last time my car was at the dealer, in July, and I was having so much trouble with the dealer actually doing anything to my car....the customer service rep would not return my calls, even after Tricia passed on my info. The Rep called me once, left a message to call her back, I called her back and left about 4 messages on different days and she never returned my calls.

For what it's worth, Tricia might be doing her job, but the district reps are failing on their ends. I was having SUCH a hard time with my dealer then, and I couldn't get ANY help whatsoever. When I needed it the most, the customer service reps abandoned me and left me high and dry.

My dealer blatantly lied to me on 3 different occasions about work that had supposedly been done, and multiple test drives...and after they had my car for a week, they couldn't even tell me what engine code had come up for the check engine light. I drove up there, looked at the odometer and it was at the EXACT SAME as when I had dropped it off, it hadn't even ticked up by one mile. I had to ASK them to check for engine code, I waited in the office while they went and checked it right then. Lo and behold, once they figured out what code it was, I immediately handed him a bulletin indicating the correct course of action to repair my car.

Since when do I have to repair my own car, while it's under warranty? I'm a 24 yr old woman, and my husband is deployed to Afghanistan.... and I essentially fixed my own car. I've always been handy, I build furniture, but I've never worked on cars. I'm a girly girl. There were many reasons factoring into why we bought a new car, one of them being reliability - both in the vehicle, and in the ability of easily obtainable and supposedly "worry-free" repairs by GM under warranty.

Tricia - please answer this question for me. I fully believe that you are doing your job, I know there is a limited scope in what you can tell us about anything in general. How can I fill out a survey for my dealer, AND how can I fill out a survey for my district rep?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sumr616,

From what you have posted above I believe your problems are more the dealers fault than customer assistance. 99% of the time no customers will hear from a GM district rep, but rather a customer service rep, which is who Tricia works for also. The Customer Assistance Center tries to get the dealer to handle the problems and plays a role of a go-between. And they are not just handling complaints. You would not believe the calls they get such as "When should I change my oil?" "I want to set an appointment for service", "Why does my low tire light keep coming on" etc...

Sometimes they call the dealer and get a 3 way call going and the issue is resolved quickly. Others aren't.

As far as the surveys. Any time a dealership submits a warranty claim, the customer is likely to get a survey. You can not get a survey on service repairs during the first 60 days of ownership, you can not get a survey if it has been 90 days since you were last surveyed and you will only be surveyed a maximum of 3 times every 12 months. The vast majority of the surveys are sent by email. If a customer did not give an email address at the time of purchase they are mailed. Customers normally receive a survey 3 weeks after they have picked up their vehicle from the dealership.

Tricia is here to help, but her knowledge is only as good as the information supplied to her by GM technical, GM parts, GM Business Center and the GM liasons that do work at the Customer Assistance Center. I speak with these people many times a week and they have a tough job for sure. I do not believe that she ever wants a customer to not be contacted by her counterparts when she has told the customer that they will.

Lastly I thank you and your husband for his service. The hardships that you go through so that he can keep us a great country will always humble me!

·
Registered
87 Posts
In July/August, Tricia sent my issues about my new Equinox to district, they contacted me and I had a very successful result. Dealer offered to buy my Equinox back and find a replacement, but instead, I worked a deal with them on a new Traverse for my wife. All in all, the deal was about $6000 in my favor. Dealer lost money on the deal, including holdback, and the service department paid $1500 towards my down payment, and GM paid $500.

So I would have to say that Tricia did help me and the district folks have continued to call with follow up calls and answer my calls. I guess it depends who your district reps are.

I think we need to keep in mind that Tricia is probably a low paid voice here on the forum and simply forwards on our issues and then it's out of her hands. The rest of the folks are the ones that either help us or drop the ball.

·
Registered
338 Posts
cmarcho,

You have a great dealer! Some dealers get it, some don't.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yes, ChvyMgr, I know Tricia herself is doing what she can. She passed my info on to the district customer service rep in June and I had a very good experience that time around. The initial reason I contacted her wasn't at all as severe as it was in July. In July, Tricia also passed my info along when I requested. She filled her part, but it was the district rep that dropped the ball, not Tricia.

It is nice to see a dealers point of view on it. I think Tricia is doing what she can, I know that with this being a public forum she is limited by all kinds of red tape as to what she can and can not say,
and I respect that.

And thank you. It doesn't get easy, just more tolerable as time goes by. We make do.

·
Registered
949 Posts
And I guess if what you say about 90 days between surveys is true, I won't be getting a survey. I filled out a relatively nice one in July - other than stating that the loaner car they gave me was disgusting on the interior. Food crumbs all over the place and slimy steering wheel, ugh, gave me the heebie jeebies.

So, no survey for me, when it would actually matter. Just my luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts