GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Terrain since September 2009. Since owning it I've loved it, however I've experienced the check engine light come on twice now for the same issue, which is the vent solenoid. Both times it's been a quick fix but it is frustrating that it's a brand new vehicle with less then 7500 miles so far. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or am I just this lucky?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
cjparker said:
I've had the Terrain since September 2009. Since owning it I've loved it, however I've experienced the check engine light come on twice now for the same issue, which is the vent solenoid. Both times it's been a quick fix but it is frustrating that it's a brand new vehicle with less then 7500 miles so far. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or am I just this lucky?
Vent solenoid?

Is that likethe Vent Jumper forthe gas fumes. There is a recall on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NY_Joe said:
Vent solenoid?

Is that likethe Vent Jumper forthe gas fumes. There is a recall on it.
I honestly do not know. I just know that's what the repair papers said. I took it in again which they will look at, but I went to SafeCar.gov and never found a recall for anything outside of the defogger.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Service BUlliten (not technical) #09333 for Evaporative Emissions Diagnostic

Parts replaced:

EVAP EMM DIAG - Part Ordered - Install Evap Jumper Hose & Program ECM - Part 20941961 - Hose 031200

See this thread

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=220.15

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on the situation as well, the recall you all stated earlier is part of it but not the main issue. Essentially the selenoid cabling is exposed and continues to get corrosion on it which causes it to stop sending proper voltage, in turning causing the check engine light to go off. I've had the wires fixed twice now. The dealership informed me that GM is seeing this issue and they're working on a resolve, but currently have no permanent fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
cjparker said:
Just an update on the situation as well, the recall you all stated earlier is part of it but not the main issue. Essentially the selenoid cabling is exposed and continues to get corrosion on it which causes it to stop sending proper voltage, in turning causing the check engine light to go off. I've had the wires fixed twice now. The dealership informed me that GM is seeing this issue and they're working on a resolve, but currently have no permanent fix.
If your selenoid cabling is exposed than certainly it will continue to corrosion which will stop the amount of needed voltage. This will let the engine light go off time to time. Well for your fixing it is better to check out with some of the good garages too. There are also some online support if you make a search on the internet. I have not heard the problem before. Anyways best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts