GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the check engine light come on - hooked the scanner up - P0690 - Engine Controls Ignition Relay Feedback Circuit High Volts.

Took the Nox into the dealer and they did: 11698 Fault code P0690 caused by software anomaly. Locate document 2711354 #PIT5065B - Reprogram Engine Control Module.

Whatever they did cured the engine knock/ping I was having. I was planning on taking it in as I was having the noisy startup and noticing more noticeable knock/ping. After the reprogram she is quiet now! Will see if the mileage improves. Hitting a solid 22mpg with about 85% + in town driving.

·
Registered
949 Posts
iafirebuff said:
Had the check engine light come on - hooked the scanner up - P0690 - Engine Controls Ignition Relay Feedback Circuit High Volts.

Took the Nox into the dealer and they did: 11698 Fault code P0690 caused by software anomaly. Locate document 2711354 #PIT5065B - Reprogram Engine Control Module.

Whatever they did cured the engine knock/ping I was having. I was planning on taking it in as I was having the noisy startup and noticing more noticeable knock/ping. After the reprogram she is quiet now! Will see if the mileage improves. Hitting a solid 22mpg with about 85% + in town driving.

How often did you have the start-up noise?

I'll also be interested in knowing if you are still without the start-up noise in several weeks. A few days doesn't give me any optimism, since it likes to be sneaky like that.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks for the post!

I hope this does it for the startup noise. I doubt it. but I hope in your case it does!!

My startup noise can occur everyday...every other day....I have gone several weeks without it...then its back!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The start up noise and rattle was present from day one. I did not notice the start up as much but bothe the rattle at start up and while sitting became more noticeable as time went on. We bought the Nox Jan 2011. So far so good - it is real quit now :) I hope it stays that way!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
iafirebuff said:
The start up noise and rattle was present from day one. I did not notice the start up as much but bothe the rattle at start up and while sitting became more noticeable as time went on. We bought the Nox Jan 2011. So far so good - it is real quit now :) I hope it stays that way!
I am glad to hear that your concerns have been resolved. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read the past posts on this issue, but my nox has been in off and on for a rough idle issue and never could get a code to show up. It would also be rough running while driving it, but again, no code. Sunday we finally had the engine light come on & I called OnStar to have a diagnostics run. Thank goodness for them, because the light went out after we started it at our third stop for the day. Did anyone experience the rough idle issue and the fix for the P0690 code fixed it?

Your response is appreciated. Thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts