GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light popped one while doing highway speed. The car downshifted rpms went up to 4K. After that seems to run normal. I went to Autozone to see what codes there were. Strange but there were no codes, has anyone ever seen this happen. The car is 202 equinox 1.5t
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If the light is on, there’s a code. If it came on and went off, there’s still a code in the history. You may have gotten an AutoZone worker that just started or doesn’t know how to read the scanner...

Reactions: arcee

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
...and it looks like you’re still under warranty, so I wouldn’t let AutoZone deal with it anyway...go to the dealer!

·
Registered
934 Posts
2x, AZ uses a basic code reader that they sell not a real scan tool that reads all 4 code families that dealer does.
AZ usually only reads basic P and ABS codes, real scan tool reads all and manufacturer specific codes.

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cars at the dealership, it pop up 2 codes both for turbo. I should have more info tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I forgot the numbers but 1 was for MAF and the other for temp sensor. I did a bad thing..... I put a K&N air filters on and it F’d MAF up. Before I brought the car to dealer I removed it😁. One think was I thought the car ran much better with it on and I got great gas mileage. I may try a dry filter next.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I’ve had a K&N on for 140K+ miles. They’re fine as long as they’re not over oiled. When I clean and re-oil mine, I use a paper towel to absorb excess oil before I install it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve had KN on 4 cars never a problem. It was brand new when I installed it. Just don’t know why it happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts