GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was driving my '12 Nox the other day, the I happened to look down to check my speed on the high way and I noticed my check engine light blink 3 times, then go off. It hasn't come back yet but it kind of scared me. Any idea?

Thanks - Jim

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Jim,

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
jo12ltz said:
Well I was driving my '12 Nox the other day, the I happened to look down to check my speed on the high way and I noticed my check engine light blink 3 times, then go off. It hasn't come back yet but it kind of scared me. Any idea?

Thanks - Jim
OnStar should be able to diagnose your car while you are driving. Give them a call.

·
Registered
949 Posts
RIT333 said:
OnStar should be able to diagnose your car while you are driving. Give them a call.

That's what I was going to say. Just push the button and ask them to do a diagnostic scan, they'll pull any codes that are currently showing, when your check engine light IS on. (I had them scan my 2011 lemon Nox about 6 different times) It only takes a few minutes. However, I was told by OnStar once, that they can not view stored engine codes, like if the light was on yesterday but isn't on today when they do the scan. For that, you have to take it to the dealer. But it should be quick and easy for them to check for engine codes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If I remember correctly, a blinking CE light is potentialy more serious then a steady light. I would get it to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts