GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Slt-1 AWD LFX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, first real post here. 2014 SLT 2GKFLXE33E6200063 (that would make it the 63rd to roll off with this engine/trans/awd right?) chasing down these 3 main bugs
1 climate control fan button, I can select fan speeds 1-8 no problem, however, it is unable to turn off unless I key off. Any common things here?
Hood Automotive design Output device Motor vehicle Automotive tire

2. 2and 3 could be related idk. the tap manual shifter it will go into the most ideal gear in the high or low range as it’s supposed to
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood

, however I cannot up shift or downshift.
3. When I press on the brakes in park I get a loud clicking coming from the shifter and limited pedal travel, also can’t remove the key unless I jiggle the wheel, specific scenario I know. I’m mainly concerned about the clicking, limited pedal travel and the lights dimming, the key thing isn’t too concerning.
I have no lights no codes (that my scan tool can read) current or stored in ecm, tcm, abs, airbag modules.
Any common causes, I’ve searched through like 100 threads in my search criteria so far all seem unrelated.

·
Registered
2015 Equinox LT 2.4L AWD / 2009 Torrent GT 3.4L AWD
221 Posts
1. Did you push the power button (the dial you use to select the fan speed. It is also a toggle power switch) to turn off the fan? The dial is only used for selecting the speed.
2. If you manually set the gear to the highest range, the transmission will drive like in D mode. If you shift the gear down and the speed is too fast it may not down shift immediately, it is designed to protect the transmission. If you set it to 3, the transmission only upshift to 3 as the max. The manual shifter is not what you expected, it is just to limit the highest gear range.
3. I don't know... I see you have a lot of stuff attached on your key chain. Are they heavy? If so, you may have damaged the key cylinder. They don't recommend using the key hole as an anchor point.

·
Registered
2014 Slt-1 AWD LFX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Did you push the power button
Yep, that’s the part not working, put a new button switch in there still doesn’t work
. The manual shifter is not what you expected, it is just to limit the highest gear range.
So the plus and minus buttons are purely cosmetic then and do nothing in either range?That’s a waste of time all around lol. So say I enter high range at 2500 rpm 40 mph ish and it puts me in m4 it’s supposed to automatically go up to 5 and 6? Or I put it in manual mode and it auto selects m2 I can’t shift up or down. Cause I can run it all the way out to 7 grand and it still won’t shift pressing up or not
w... I see you have a lot of stuff attached on your key chain.
I did say I wasn’t to concerned about the ignition switch, I was more concerned with the brake pedal locking up and the shifter clicking and light flickering. when I pressed the pedal

·
Registered
189 Posts
Shifting
- if you have it set to M4, the transmission will allow downshifts to M3, M2, or M1....but will never shift into M5 or M6 no matter the RPM of the engine, until you manually change it to M5 or back into D
- It is pretty useless....I have only found it useful in the mountains to avoid it hunting gears constantly

Clicking
- that is the shift lock solenoid clicking most likely
- dimming lights...either your battery is weak or you have a bad ground somewhere

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
260 Posts
It is a common issue that the manual shift stops working, my 2013 Nox had the same issue. It is usually the shift handle that needs replacing, guys report it just lifts right off but takes considerable force to yank it off. I did not bother replacing it - I did spray some electrical cleaner in by the switch but it didn't help.

My 13 did work when I got it, I don't remember if it allowed shifting up past M4 but certainly did shift between M1 and M4 at minimum. There is a delay if you try to select too low a gear, the computer doesn't allow you to blow anything up.

I agree that you should check the battery condition, and replace if it is old. That can cause all sort of electrical issues, you may get lucky with your other issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts