GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Book says use the hole in the inner fender. Not a huge fan of working blind.
How tricky is Headlight removal on the Terrain. Last time i had to swap bulbs it was in my Monte Carlo and those were the easiest bulbs to replace on the planet. 2 clips and undo the harness and the whole **** headlight assembly came out. AKA no working out side in the winter to replace a burnt headlight.

I'm looking at changing all the bulbs to Silver-star Ultras, and just curious if it is easier to just pull the assembly out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not that difficult, but it is a hassle. You'll need to turn the steering wheel all the way to one side to obtain full access to the access hole in thr inner wheel well. Remove the cover and then reach inside and twist the inside cover 1/4 turn to open access to the wiring. The wiring is also a bit too short to work with but it can be done. Change the bulbs and replace covers and switch to the other side. Again not difficult but a little hasssle.....good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Cameron it is a bit of work to remove the headlight assembly on the Terrain. You have to remove the front bumper wrap and grill first
inorder to get the housings out. I did this when I installed a hid kit.I would think that you might be better off just changing the bulbs out threw the access hole in the inner fender. Good luck with which ever method you choose.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/sigh... i miss the monte carlo.

I'll take a boo on Monday. I'm booked in on Wednesday for an oil change so maybe I'll inquire about supplying bulbs and getting them to do it if i don't feel like screwing around myself.

Someone remind me why they insist on making the simple stuff so **** difficult?

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Cameron said:
Someone remind me why they insist on making the simple stuff so **** difficult?
Because they are trying to pack 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb bag in the engine compartment. It's all about saving space.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
then why not use the Monte Carlo principle. 2 clips and the whole **** assembly comes out. then they can pack however much crap into the headlamp assembly. They can clutter it as much they want if i can bring it inside and work on it on the table lol.

Im just ranting. i spent an hour on my back yesterday on the garage floor replacing headlights on my dads 2008 E250 ford van. Not looking forward to a repeat occurrence with the Terrain lol.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Changing Headlight Bulbs.

I just dont see how im gonna get my arm in there to work. Replacement bulbs can wait until they are needed. I dont even see proper room to work if i take the **** tire off instead of just turning it. I need to SEE what im working on. Booerns.

Sent from my GT-I9100M

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Re: Re: Changing Headlight Bulbs.

Cameron said:
I just dont see how im gonna get my arm in there to work. Replacement bulbs can wait until they are needed. I dont even see proper room to work if i take the **** tire off instead of just turning it. I need to SEE what im working on. Booerns.

Sent from my GT-I9100M
Get the 10 year old neighbor kid to change them for you It isn't that hard

sent from my 6 year old e-mach with dial up.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts