GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to change the cabin filter in our Terrian. I took the glove box off, but had trouble with the tabs that hold the filter door in place. I was afraid of breaking something, so I aborted the mission to get more information. Can someone tell me exactly how to get the cabin filter door open?

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Push up on the two tabs and door should lift upwards. After replacing the filter, snap it closed.

:thumb:

·
Registered
482 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
Push up on the two tabs and door should lift upwards. After replacing the filter, snap it closed.

:thumb:
Haven't had the adventure myself yet, but the SNAP[/color] part of it sounds familiar from another vehicle I've had , still worked reasonable after though :)

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
Haven't had the adventure myself yet, but the SNAP[/color] part of it sounds familiar from another vehicle I've had , still worked reasonable after though :)
Sounds like you owned a Pontiac Vibe previously - huh ? Mine snapped also, but still worked.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a replacement filter at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the 2010 Equinox have a cabin filter? I ask at my local Chevrolet dealership and they did not have a clue. The owners manual does not mention anything about changing it???

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
scundertaker1534 said:
Does the 2010 Equinox have a cabin filter? I ask at my local Chevrolet dealership and they did not have a clue. The owners manual does not mention anything about changing it???
Look under service and maintance section of your manual part numbers listed for passenger compartment air filter ac delco C177
I'd be looking foe another dealer....you mean they don't want to sell you a 40 dollar filter??? Our local Walmart had cabin filters for anywhere from 12.95 to 24.00 depending on vehicle...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts