GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know at what stage of the process it is too late to add something if factory ordering a terrain? I am considering adding the navigation system to my SLT-1 order but the target production week is January 18th so didn't know if it is too late to even consider (without it changing the production week 'cause I want my car :). How do people that have the navigation system like it? Is it worth the extra 2k? I have a garmin and an iphone with GPS so didn't think it was necessary/worth it when I ordered but the screen really does look nice and the voice directions without a cord plugging into an outlet for power is appealing (as is the 40gb hard drive for music).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Idr04---I also have my Terrain being built on 1/18. Navi was part of the order. Thought about going to the SLT-2 from the ordered SLT-1 and asked the dealer abount it last week. Was told it's already too late and that I would have to start over. I've waited too long already.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah one the order is in GM's system, the only way to change it is to start over. Perhaps it is something you can order that the dealer can install.

So it seems the three of us all have build dates of Jan 18. Which I guess really means some time that week

KJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I talked to the dealer last night and he said it was too late too. Not that big of a deal as I have other options for driving navigation. Thought the screen looked pretty nice more than anything else :). Guess I just need to stop looking so I'll stop second guessing what I ordered ;) Can't wait to get this car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Make that three of us with Terrains being built on 1/18. When did you two order your Terrains? Our order was put in on November 30.

You can make changes up until an order gets accepted by the GM order system. Orders are accepted every Tuesday I believe. Only if your order has an issue (for example, chrome wheels may be limited to 500 units for a given week) and is bumped back to the dealer's pool of orders (both for stock supply and sold orders) can you make a change before it goes back into the pool to be accepted by GM the next week.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think my order went in around Nov 17th or 18th. Looks like you got a 2 week jump on me! How long does your dealer say it will take to get it shipped? Mine says 2-3 weeks to FLA.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Orders only go in on Thursday (unless my dealer was mistaken) and mine went in on 11/19. I think that is four (4) of us...myself, Idr04, Grizz and Islander.

KJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My order was put in by the dealer first week of Nov. He thought he had 1 allocation left they could use for my order but turned out it was already promised to someone so my order was picked up by GM with their next allocation. Originally dealer thought I'd get it in 6-8 weeks but I think we all got the "factory closed for the holidays" delay added on. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Islander said:
I think my order went in around Nov 17th or 18th. Looks like you got a 2 week jump on me! How long does your dealer say it will take to get it shipped? Mine says 2-3 weeks to FLA.
Don't know how long it will take to get from Canada down to us on the lower East Coast, but I hope it gets here before February 1 so we can take advantage of the topped off GM Card Rewards. I think that might be a tad tight though! Hendrick GMC has quite a big allocation based upon their sales volume which is why ours might have got in quicker.

Just got an e-mail stating our Terrain has moved to status 3300 so it should be built any day now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts