GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Changes to 2012 Equinox - Pandora and Touchscreen!

27K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  godcore74 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Even if the terrain changes, it wont be 2012....too much money invested in the platform for them to oust it after just just 2 model years. More than likely it will show up on the terrain because the systems are the same.

On the off chance that it is not on the Terrain, i will go with the equinox just for this feature.

#10 ·
I'm very interested in this new system. I was planning on ordering a 2011 'Nox LTZ in late April/May, but I may wait a little and get a 2012. There's also some talk about the Terrain getting "Blind spot monitoring, collision avoidance and lane departure systems" for the 2012 model year. (I tried to include links but it won't let me. Googling 2012 Terrain pulls up info on the news section of google). Another website says that the 2012 Terrains will also get the new infotainment system, (a newer post on the GM Authority Blog). If the Terrain gets the blind spot monitoring and etc., would the 2012 'Nox have the same features? Who knows what to believe?! haha.

#12 ·
But what if it comes in as another $2,000 option... will you all bock at it like you did with the navigation system?

#16 ·
Well, if they do A2DP, then you can just stream Pandora from your smartphone via Bluetooth. My buddy does it on his 2011 Mazda3Speed. Apple even pushed out a software upgrade for iPhone and iPad so that you can still utilize wheel radio controls. Sounds great and the info pops up on the radio display.
It would be awesome if they came out with a software upgrade or an aftermarket module for current Terrain/Nox/Srx owners so they can stream audio also.

#17 ·
^ Yes, the new system will support bluetooth streaming audio. Something the system should have supported from the beginning I think...

#18 ·
I think it should have supported it also. I was kinda bummed it didn't, but my music is on my iPod classic an not on my iPhone.
I have heard a rumor that the next iPod touch will be up to 128GB in storage. That would be worth it for me and I could use that to stream but that is way down the toad for me.
I'm still hoping Apple will introduce a cloud based upgrade to OS4 so I can use my library from home and access it with my iPhone.

#19 ·
godcore, I've had an app called Orb on my iPhone for years that does exactly this. It runs as a service on your home pc and the app can connect to it remotely and play all of your media that you choose to share. You can also access your orb shares from any other computer through their web interface. you might want to check it out. http://new.orb.com/

BTW, this has been discussed before, but I can do bluetooth audio streaming (including pandora) from my iphone to my 2010 Camaro, so it's already in the current hardware. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to be activated for these vehicles. You still have to control it from the phone though. It doesn't provide info to the screen or control via the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.