GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through and just read back and forth on what to use. I've read OEM are ceramic and semi. Which type is best on a terrain? I've always used ceramics and only reason I question it now is bc I've read semi are oem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I prefer ceramic as replacement pads for many reasons, I suspect that semi-metallic are OEM because they might last a little longer under hard use and get the manufacturer past the bumper to bumper warranty period.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just replaced my factory pads and rotors with the Duralast brand Gold series; ceramic pads and high carbon, coated rotors. I am very impressed. After seating in the pads they are very quiet and the pedal feel is excellent.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ceramic. Quiet and dust free compared to metallic. OEM are ceramic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have gone ceramic for years, they out-stop semis by a mile. Careful as some places sold ceramic/semi pads in the past... ie, NOT full ceramic. Maybe that has stopped but I would make sure they are full ceramic.

Kind of like synthetic blend vs full synthetic oils .... get the real deal.

I also have had great results with drilled and slotted rotors to go with the ceramic pads.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have gone ceramic for years, they out-stop semis by a mile. Careful as some places sold ceramic/semi pads in the past... ie, NOT full ceramic. Maybe that has stopped but I would make sure they are full ceramic.

Kind of like synthetic blend vs full synthetic oils .... get the real deal.

I also have had great results with drilled and slotted rotors to go with the ceramic pads.
One thing I have noticed with ceramic is they seem to wear out basic rotors pretty quick.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Forget about drilled and slotted in salt area's. Been there on other vehicles, internal rust and rotor life a big issue in salt zones.
I'm trying OEX pads on my Tahoe and I like the stopping and no dust so far so I think a set is going on the 'nox.
BTW none of the aftermarket rotors that are ''coated'' will out perform the OEM zinc ones in corrosion resistance. I've tried them all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts