GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good solution for the cavernous center console?? Don't get me wrong, I love the additional storage, but it's almost impossible to find anything once you put it in there. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, this is a problem! And, worse, the tray thingy will only fit to the rear of the opening where the driver needs to be a contortionist to retrieve anything. Better if they had designed slide rails the thingy could rest on so if you want it forward you could do so. And it would still lift out. Like you guys, I like the roominess, but I have not found a way to use it conveniently. One thing I keep in it is a soft cloth b/c I learned the hard way not to do this... on a rainy day, open door, get in, start car and windshield wipers, then close door. The mighty windshield wipers threw all the water accumulated on the windshield onto the inside of my open door. Now I keep a cloth in the cavernous console. ;D And I close my door before starting the wipers so I don't really need the cloth anymore.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I keep my laptop in there a lot so I do not store much of anything in there. ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've got all sorts of crap in mine...beanbag navmat, anti-fog wipes, hand sanitizer, mini phonebook, travel size kleenex, and probably a few things I've forgotten. Not organized in any way however. ;D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have a large first aid kit in the bottom and a few chemical heat packs along with a solar blanket. I guess you could put some ice packs and pop in it for long rides. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts