GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my only gripes with the Equinox (2LT) is with the center dashboard storage area (too small for CDs and the power outlet right in the center of it) and the single CD player.

Anyone heard of a Chevy or aftermarket CD changer for the Equinox?[/color]

·
Registered
182 Posts
The top dashboard storage is really only a stop-gap design measure for models that don't have the Nav system. Yeah, it doesn't hold much. But the center console storage more than makes up for it.

Only a single CD player? It's 2010, USB & Aux are the defacto standard, and rightfully so. Putting CD changers into vehicles will soon be extinct, seeing as a $20 Memory Stick holds 10x as much music as a $500 changer. Multi-CD systems make no sense, on any level. Sorry, that's technology for you.

If you have a huge CD collection and none of it is ripped into MP3, go buy a nice bottle of wine and download iTunes. If your CD collection is that big, go pay some kids a couple hundred bucks to rip your CDs for you.

Keep in mind, the terrain/nox/srx all support USB storage devices (not just iPods).

·
Registered
103 Posts
CD changers don't add more than $200 to the price. But I suspect a larger factor is that they're a common warranty item. Many moving parts.

Try to find a CD or DVD changer warrantied for more than 90 days at Best Buy...there's a reason for that.

CD players aren't much more reliable. Automakers will probably phase them out as soon as they can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
scottyyyc said:
Keep in mind, the terrain/nox/srx all support USB storage devices (not just iPods).
Is this true for ANY stereo the car is optioned with? I thought there was an option for a USB port, and the the AUX stereo input was standard. This was a concern for me as I ordered my 1LT (have not yet received) without the upgraded stereo and kind of regret not adding the USB input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
kandor said:
So far my only gripes with the Equinox (2LT) is with the center dashboard storage area (too small for CDs and the power outlet right in the center of it) and the single CD player.

Anyone heard of a Chevy or aftermarket CD changer for the Equinox?[/color]
The Pioneer stereo has 1 gig of onboard memory if memory serves. Just put in your cd and it will store it for you. I should think you could get a least a few cd's stored using that method. Granted, when I did it it didn't copy of the names of the songs which is kind of a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts