GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently replaced my exhaust manifold, and ended up with a massive exhaust leak where the manifold and cat section bolt together. I assume that I either put the metal O-ring/dounut gasket/donut ring in the wrong way (no I don't remember which way, no I didn't have time to unbolt and fix). So is it seam up or down? It seemed rounded except for the seam/lip and the YouTube video I was watching made no sense regarding it.

Next, 2013 equinox, 2.4 AWD, LS. I had the cat section almost out once before, but it seemed to get stuck on a heat shield under the engine. I didn't have a wrench with me that would fit and there was no room (queue string of obscenities and curses) to get a socket on one of the bolts, so I gave up in absolute frustration and simply being done with the doctor of how this vehicle was designed. I have seen on here that a 2012 requires the transfer case to be removed (really? Like really?) in order for the cat to be removed. Is it the same for a 2013? Could I have gotten mine out once I had that m-f'ing heat shield off?

Does anyone have the names and addresses of the engineers who designed this thing and the asshats who approved it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Since no one had an answer, I don't think there is a wrong orientation. Turned out I had a crack around the cat which was causing my leak and noise.
Also, there's a bracket that seems like it's part of the frame, but it's not, and THAT needs to be removed to be able to get the cat out. There's a diagram that kinda shows it, in a horrible weird way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts