GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99% sure on buying a Terrain in the near future. However, I'm an avid mountain biker & need to figure out how I'm going to carry my bike(s). Some questions: What's the interior height inside the vehical--every statistic I've seen lists cubic volume.
Also: Does the 66 in. listed height of the vehicle include the luggage racks? I have over $500 in an existing Thule roof mount system that I'd like to use, but their are height limits on my drive to the trail. Anyone with experience carrying bikes in, on top of, or behind thier terrain?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just added trailer hitch and a bike carrier on my terrain.

pondman said:
99% sure on buying a Terrain in the near future. However, I'm an avid mountain biker & need to figure out how I'm going to carry my bike(s). Some questions: What's the interior height inside the vehical--every statistic I've seen lists cubic volume.
Also: Does the 66 in. listed height of the vehicle include the luggage racks? I have over $500 in an existing Thule roof mount system that I'd like to use, but their are height limits on my drive to the trail. Anyone with experience carrying bikes in, on top of, or behind thier terrain?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought a bike rack 3bike for mine the cheapest way to go and I have no issue with it, it's perfect doesn't do any damage, and if I don't need it it's easy to take out

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I bought a largest cruiser type bike for riding around Naples Florida from Walmart, it fit in the back of my Terrain just fine with the back seats folded........

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Id think I would go with a hitch carrier if it was me. Would be easier to load up and wont cause you the heartache of wondering if itll fit under that tree! lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put the 2" hitch on my Nox and and use a 2 bike carrier (Thule) I ride trail patrol for the local sheriff dept so I use the carrier alot. Works great. Hinges down so I can access the inside if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my Terrain to find if using my current roof rack is a workable option. My math so far: 69" Terrain (assuming 3" for rails) + 5" for Thule rack + 38" of bike at the seat = 112" or 9'4" which means decapitation at the 9 foot bridge! :eek: I can always a) take a different route to the local trail, b) remove the seatpost, c) purchase hitch as mentioned above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts