GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an opinion regarding the warm shine of a quality carnauba wax versus the slick wet shine of synthetic sealants? One solution would be to apply a coat of polymer sealant for longevity and then layer applications of pure carnauba for that warm shine.

Has anybody used Jetseal 109?

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes you can layer them....certain colors you will see better results.......id rather put a good coat of sealant on then reg wax....

jetseal 109 is a good sealant......not much different then some of the other 'higher' end products......everybody's a fanboi for something.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anybody heard of or used a product called XZILON molecular adhesion automotive exterior surface protection?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've heard it said that Carnauba wax is for car shows, and polish is for your every day driver. In my experience that has been the case...not only is polish easier to apply, but it also lasts longer. I've used Nufinish on all my cars for years....once or twice a year does it for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have tried most everything out there over the years and the one that gets our vote is Zaino Brothers product line. Excellent stuff! Check them out at zainobros.com.

·
Administrator
601 Posts
You guys definitely have it right. Nothing compares to a qualtiy Carnauba wax for depth of shine and deep, rich wet look. But they break down quickly. Polymer sealants last MUCH longer (sometimes 4-6 times longer) and offer far superior protection from the elements, water beading, etc. but at the cost of some of that depth of shine.

Your best bet, if you really want to go to this extreme, is to start with a polymer sealant base and finish with a Carnauba wax. However, IMO, your wash, dry and polishing technique and materials are just as important (if not more) than the brand of polish/wax that you choose. Claybarring, removing swirls and keeping your paint in good, scratch-free condition will go much further to having a beautiful shine than picking an expensive wax and putting it on a poorly maintained paintjob. Always use high quality car wash soap, washing mitts and microfiber drying and detailing towels. Use the two bucket wash method (another thread on here) and if you're really serious about a great looking finish, get yourself a Porter Cable 7424. It's the single best $125 you can spend on your paint!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts