GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Cargo liner

56K views 78 replies 27 participants last post by  Default User 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to order a cargo liner off of e-bay, like the one SnowItch saw. It's made in Canada. it covers the floor and goes up the back of the rear seats. Has anyone already purchased one of these and what do you think of it? It's $79 with free shipping. Any other alternatives?
I'm also ordering a set of WeatherTech front floor protectors.

#27 ·
I think I might take a stab at this. I sort of wish there were flaps that extended up the interior wheel wells since I plan on throwing my mountain bike in it, but I'll just cover those areas with plastic sheeting or something else that can protect.

Thanks for the ideas/pics everyone!

#28 ·
ecolodge said:
I think I might take a stab at this. I sort of wish there were flaps that extended up the interior wheel wells since I plan on throwing my mountain bike in it, but I'll just cover those areas with plastic sheeting or something else that can protect.

Thanks for the ideas/pics everyone!
You're most welcome, not a problem!
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about the sides as I noticed scuff marks from strollers, playpens, diaper bags, backpacks, toolkits, laptops, coolers and lord knows what else gets tossed around back in there LOL!
I felt like detailing it right then and there but a dose of reality swooped down and smacked me upside the head...

We bought it to haul a lot of "stuff" around and it was doing the job rather nicely, carry on, LOL!

8)

SnowItch said:
Thanks for the pics and comments (and being the guinea pig). Look forward to the wear and tear analysis.
No prob, SnowItch.
We have some nice weather rolling in this weekend and hopefully a moment or two to catch up on things outside, like turning the outdoor taps on and hand washing and vacuuming (maybe shampooing and waxing if time allows) the Terrain maybe?
I'll get some detailed shots of the underside and cross section of the liner and post them up.
My original thoughts about slicing the liner down to match the 60/40 split rear seats is 99% a no go, it's just too flimsy.
I had to put the rear cargo cover up to hold the rear part of the cargo liner in place due to the tether from the booster seat that's in the rear seats middle position.

As far as wear analysis, we pack a lot in there and I'd say a few sets of golf clubs will be next real soon!
We'll keep an eye on the liner and post back in a few weeks or so.

#30 ·
GARYD said:
Try Velcro to hold it up.
That we may do, GARYD.
I just came in for "organizing" the recyclables and found the attached note in the cardboard that the liner was shipped in.

I may have glanced over it the day the liner arrived but having just read it more carefully, it claims the liner is durable, resistant to gas, solvents, pool chemicals, etc., the flap for the back seats can be folded under the rest of the liner and that it can be smoothed out into it's original shape.

Thought I'd scan it and post for others before I recycle it.

Attachments

#31 ·
I didn't get THAT note, but one very similer. It didn't mention folding it under. Maybe they modified it after someone mentioned it falling down.

#32 ·
I got my Cargo Liner like the one in the pics and was not that Happy with it..I was expecting more I think for the $75..I am comtemplating sending it back but emailed them how to go about it and if the shipping price if I have to pay would be worth..

Now think about the Husky liner..Something that just lines the cargo area and not the back seats..Does anyone have pics of the Husky Liner or own one and if so how do they like it..Thanks

OK Someone convince me to keep the Liner pictured and why??

#33 ·
I've got a picture of it in my gallery... you'll have to use the zoom button to see clearly how far up the sides it goes.

#34 ·
My wife just got back from taking our Golden Retreiver to the vet and back, and our fears of her nails (dogs-not wifes)going through did not materialize. The mat does seem light duty, but it is holding up great for us. I also applied velcro to the back of the mat and it really holds the mat up. So far we're very happy with it. It really keeps the dog hair out of the carpet.

There was one problem though ........ the dog did eat the cargo net. ;D
Now I have to see about getting another one or something else. Anybody have any suggestions? How about a collapsable cargo box of some kind?

#35 ·
GARYD said:
My wife just got back from taking our Golden Retreiver to the vet and back, and our fears of her nails (dogs-not wifes)going through did not materialize. The mat does seem light duty, but it is holding up great for us. I also applied velcro to the back of the mat and it really holds the mat up. So far we're very happy with it. It really keeps the dog hair out of the carpet.

There was one problem though ........ the dog did eat the cargo net. ;D
Now I have to see about getting another one or something else. Anybody have any suggestions? How about a collapsable cargo box of some kind?
We just got back from some mega shopping for a Birthday/Easter party.
Loaded, and I mean loaded the Terrain up with goods, then 24 folding chairs (2 trips across the street to 2 different neighbours...LOL).
Anyway, before venturing out this morning, I decided to fold the flap that would normally ride up the back of the rear seats underneath itself as per the suggestion in the memo I attached above.
It worked out great and looks neat.

@nitti48, you can try folding it as suggested if you don't like it riding up the rear seats, but it may come in handy some time in the future if you have something wet, dirty or greasy...just flip the liner back up to protect the rear seats.
;)
It's very light and pliable.

I'll get some more pics of it shortly.
I think we'll use it until it wears out, it's kinda growing on us LOL!

#36 ·
Well, what I thought was going to happen, happened. The heat loosened the velcro and the liner fell down. So I had a great idea. I epoxyed the velcro to the liner.........fixed..........well I thought so, but the epoxy didn't stick to the liner. I've never seen anything that epoxy wouldn't stick to....now I have.
I can try another type of glue or maybe sew the velcro on.
I guess the last thing I can do is tuck it under like someone suggested. Or just cut it off.

#37 ·
GARYD said:
Well, what I thought was going to happen, happened. The heat loosened the velcro and the liner fell down. So I had a great idea. I epoxyed the velcro to the liner.........fixed..........well I thought so, but the epoxy didn't stick to the liner. I've never seen anything that epoxy wouldn't stick to....now I have.
I can try another type of glue or maybe sew the velcro on.
I guess the last thing I can do is tuck it under like someone suggested. Or just cut it off.[/color]
Indeed, just tuck it under don't cut it off.
There may be a time when you need the rear seats' backs protected.
Then you can just fold it back out and up.
It tucks neatly right at one of the seams.
;)

I've been meaning to put up some more pics, maybe by this weekend.
So far ours has been a good investment as it's holding up to the constant barrage of cargo.

#38 ·
Some more pics.
The rear flap that would ride up the back of the rear seat is tucked underneath the floor portion of the cargo liner.
I can unfold it should we be hauling something dirty that may mark the back of the rear seat.

I folded the front corner over to show the thickness, as stated above it's no more than 1/8" or 3/16".

Although the Husky Liner seems more durable, we find this one very unobtrusive and easy to manipulate.
The large lip on the Husky Liner seems that it would make it harder to load large boxes or lots of cargo without that lip getting in the way.
That's JMO, I'm sure the Husky Liner is great for it's intended purpose as well.

Attachments

#40 ·
GARYD said:
gearhead, does the organizer fold flat? Wife would like to know.
Yes it does, very handy contraption.

Attachments

#41 ·
I just got my Weathertech Cargo Liner, and it looks great. Super thick, this thing will take a beating. It comes with a fold in it, which allows you to cut it to length if you want. As I mainly keep the rear seats in the 'pushed back' position, i cut along the fold, and it fits like a glove. My neighbor came over and thought it was stock. He has a Volvo XC90 and mentioned he wished his unit had come with one. I told him I had ordered it afterwards and he was surprised at how tight it fit. He went back home and is ordering one for his now.

#42 ·
I didnt see Canvasback mentioned.
I have it on my Traverse. It is available for the Nox,
Its thin and lightweight. Waterproof.
It may not be as thick as some of the ones posted here... but it does the job for me. easy to clean up.
My German Shepherds nails have not punctured it so far. It allows me to vacuum up their hair. I can carry wet stuff and not worry about the carpet.
It sticks to the carpet via velcro- and allows for easy folding of the seats.
It is available in colors to match your interior.
The only drawback- is it does not have an edge like some of the ones above.
But- the other day I had a grocery container that spilled blood- I cleaned that up easy.
so just another choice if you dont want the thick stuff.

#45 ·
KANWAR said:
nice dogs! and I like the look of that liner too.
Ditto to both!
8)

#46 ·
FYI- Just ordered a Weather Tech cargo liner for my Terrain from StreetSide Auto. Total cost: $79.71 Free Shipping.

#50 ·
I believe the company is based out of IL... I live in Northwest CT. From order to delivery was roughly 24 hours. Amazing. The liner fits like a glove, and I am glad to see that the raised lip is not as high as it appears in pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.