GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 equinox will not start
I have a good battery and plenty of power but car will not crank
I'm thinking either the starter cylinoid or maybe a cam shaft location censor?
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Does the engine turn over....or do you just get a clicking sound .....or no sound at all??? Any symptoms?
Loose battery connection??? I assume you checked that first?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connections ore good and their is no sound at all when I try to start
I tryed putting a code reader and it says no codes so i'm thinking it's starter or darter solenoid

·
Registered
65 Posts
This may sound dumb .....but is the key extended (opened) fully............I had that problem when I tried starting my Terrain with the key folded at 90 *

I think that the ignition has trouble reading the security chip in the key

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a similar problem in my 06 nox.. the car wont start and there is just a click and nothing else... also the battery is sort of draining by itself..

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
arvindh said:
I have a similar problem in my 06 nox.. the car wont start and there is just a click and nothing else... also the battery is sort of draining by itself..
Yours sounds like a battery. Try jump-starting it to verify.

·
Registered
27 Posts
did that... all that happens after 10 mins of jump starting is that same click sound..

·
Registered
441 Posts
starter

·
Registered
27 Posts
how would this happen suddenly?? there was no indication of anything going wrong at all? ???

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
arvindh said:
did that... all that happens after 10 mins of jump starting is that same click sound..
Sounds like a bad connection at the battery terminals. Takes them off, and wire brush them, and clean with a paste you can make with baking soda and water. Try Google to see exact m ethod.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Are you certain the battery is "good"? The reason I ask is because I've heard that newer cars with electronic controlled everything won't start at all if the battery is low. In other words..the days of a slow crank and dim lights with a low battery are over..

·
Registered
2 Posts
arvindh said:
My 06 did the same thing. Put a new battery in it and bam, fired right up. Tried jumping it before the new battery and it wouldn't start. The way the electrical is set up, if the battery is bad, you can't even jump it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
gar187er said:
Might be both starter and battery. Do electrical diagnostics to identify, locate, and repair..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts