GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with multiple children comment on the Terrain and fitting cars seats. Are there anchor points for front and rear facing child car seats?

Are you able to fit 2 child seats and an adult in the 2nd row? My wife is thinking about trying to sit back there (2nd row) and tend for the twins.

pics/videos as always would be helpful.

thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is awesome for the car seats. I have 4 month and 2 1/2 yr old. Back seat is in rear most position and I don't have to adjust front seats at all. I am not sure about a person in middle probably depends on seats and the size of ur wife. It would be tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback.

We are still early in the pregnancy and thus haven't committed to any purchases be it car seats, or getting around to test drive the terrain yet.

We still have approx 5 months to do research.

The missus is petite but kind of heavy set. Thinking about the configuration, even a super model may find the accommodations snug. :)

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
melongstrike said:
Thank you for the feedback.

We are still early in the pregnancy and thus haven't committed to any purchases be it car seats, or getting around to test drive the terrain yet.

We still have approx 5 months to do research.

The missus is petite but kind of heavy set. Thinking about the configuration, even a super model may find the accommodations snug. :)
Having had the Acadia and the Terrain and children in infant seats, car seats and boosters I can comment on this.

In the Terrain, you can fit 2 infant carriers in the rear seat. No one, not even a super model starved for a runway show will fit between them comfortably. The infant seats can be hooked in via the latch system that will be included with the base.

As for the next level car seats, you can fit two of those as well and they can be attached via the LATCH system and also tightened over the back of the seat. On the back of the back seats there is an area to attach the latch system to restrict forward movement. Depending on the bulkiness of the seat, there will be little to no room for anyone to sit.

As for booster seats, they are just held in with the seatbelts. They fit and finally someone can squeeze in between the seats, not all that comfortably though.

As for the Acadia, for the first two types of seats, they fit fine and a full size adult can sit in between comfortable. However, to do this you will need a bench seat and this eliminates the pass through to a third row rendering it useless. The infant seat and car seats are LATCH'd down and it is a real pain inthe arse to undo those time and time again.

Hope this helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts