GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my equinox on 16th and over the weekend I noticed the car pulls slightly to the left when steering wheel is horizontal on straight highway. It's very tiny bit and I already tried on different lanes and highways to make sure it's not the road.
I did not notice it at begging and do not remember hitting any major bumps or potholes that would screw up my alignment.
Planning to take it to dealer tonight but they will probably say bad alignment and I need to pay, so I was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with this in their terrain or equinox.

·
Registered
196 Posts
my 2010 slightly pulls to the left as well. nothing major though

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wouldn't pay for anything on a 3 week old car, you shouldn't either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you checked your tire pressure?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
martdesr said:
Have you checked your tire pressure?
I will do that tonight, good point!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Roads are "crowned" so if you are in the left lane steering may pull to left and right side may pull to right.
"Crowning" aids in water shedding.

http://umaine.edu/waterquality/lake/lake-a-syst/camp-road-maintenance/

Your road should be higher in the middle and lower on the sides to allow water to quickly runoff the road surface. This is called crowning a road. In general there should be approximately ½ inch of crown height per foot of lane width. An experienced equipment operator should use a grader machine with a steel cutting blade to ensure the road is maintained properly. If a crown is not maintained properly water tends to rest on the road surface. If water rests in tire ruts or potholes, suspended soil will be splashed from the road, making the problem worse each time a vehicle drives over it. Also, a crowned road will remain firmer during spring thaw.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem on a new Acadia a few years back, after two FREE alignments from the dealer, they found that it was a defective tire. You should not have to pay anything for the short time that you had the vehicle

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mine seems to pull slightly to the right, but then again I spend most of my time in the right lane so it could be the road crown. Dealer didn't find any problem (I doubt they checked the alignment).

·
Registered
977 Posts
Call your dealer. I bought a car several years ago and it was pulling. Called the dealer they said bring it in. They said needed an alignment and they did it. Call now before you put to many miles on

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dealers used to be able to check and correct the alignment as part of the PDI process but a few dealers were caught billing GM for alignement jobs on almost every new vehicle they sold. Gm re-wrote the policy a few years back so that they would only re-imburse the dealership for an alignement job under warranty if it came back after the unit was sold as a customer concern and not if the dealership tried to bill for it as part of the PDI or as a presale stock unit repair.

·
Registered
977 Posts
They proably weren't even doing the alignments. I had 2 different Saturn dealers claim they made alignments required after 1 repair and recall and in both cases they didn't do it (Well one claimed the machine was out of spec but I doubt it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts