GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
JerryP said:
Is it possible to back out of an ordered car, or do you have to take it? Thanks
It depends on the dealer. Legally, you have signed an agreement to purchase the car. But, if the dealer ever wants to do business with you again, or feels that he can sell the vehicle to another buyer, or if you can plead a good case for cancelling such as job loss, etc., then the dealer may cut you some slack.

Read the fine print on what you signed - that may give you the legal answer !

·
Registered
289 Posts
It totally depends. When I ordered mine I walked away from a dealership that wanted $1000 down and said I had to pick it up within 2 weeks of arrival. They wouldn't allow me to change that to a guarantee pickup by January 31 (hoping on a GM Card promotion in January.)

So I went to a second dealership that ordered it with zero down and made me sign nothing. He said if I didn't take it, since it was nothing fancy, they could sell it themselves.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My order after, 8 weeks was still on 1102. I called the dealership and asked to cancel. He returned my $500 deposit with no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny thing is I never signed anything. I gave a deposit over the phone and I guess that is like signing. The car has been ordered for three weeks and he says it will be built next week. He will not give me the order number. I need it before 11-30 because of GM card bonus. I have a bad feeling about this guy. I think he is lying to me about the build date but I cannot prove it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
JerryP said:
Funny thing is I never signed anything. I gave a deposit over the phone and I guess that is like signing. The car has been ordered for three weeks and he says it will be built next week. He will not give me the order number. I need it before 11-30 because of GM card bonus. I have a bad feeling about this guy. I think he is lying to me about the build date but I cannot prove it.
The order number will allow you to track the progress of the vehicle. If your dealer is unwilling to provide it you might have cause for concern.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you didn't sign anything, tell the guy you are cancelling and dispute the charge on your card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts