GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GMC Terrain SLE-2 Silver 3.6L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if my 2016 Terrain SLE 2 with the V6 is a can-bus system or not? I want to change all my interior bulbs to led. I want to make sure before I get the right bulbs if it's can-bus or not.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Can any one tell me if my 2016 Terrain SLE 2 with the V6 is a can-bus system or not? I want to change all my interior bulbs to led. I want to make sure before I get the right bulbs if it's can-bus or not.
It should be like our 2015 Equinox was.
You should only need "CANBUS" (error free) LED lights for the front two upper console lights.
The center and rear dome lights can be plain old LED bulbs.
The "CANBUS" bulbs will have some small resistors on them. . . . the others will not.
I will post a few to give you a visual example like the ones I bought off Amazon or Ebay in a few minutes so check back here. . .

·
Registered
627 Posts
Every GM vehicle since 2008 is Canbus for sure. Maybe even earlier. Some brands may act ''wonky'' even if they say canbus.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've had fairly good luck with these from Amazon. License plate usage is the big test. It's all Chinese junk anyway.
Alla Lighting CANBUS 194 LED Bulb Super Bright 168 175 2825 W5W Bulb 6000K White 3014 SMD 12V T10 LED Replacement Bulbs Car License Plate Interior Map Dome Trunk Door Courtesy Lights Bulbs (Set of 10)

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Thanks for posting those. . . . good lights for the money and spares to boot.
I had them saved in my Amazon lists and had too many things to do yesterday and forgot to post back.
They are not too large like some others that might not fit and very bright.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I don’t believe there’s any direct connection between CANBUS and any light bulb in an automobile except that the Controller responsible for energizing its output to illuminate that lightbulb may get a message from another Controller telling it to do so.

So I’m not sure why CANBUS is even mentioned in the same breadth as a lightbulb ... even if they come with attached resistors. That has nothing directly to do with CANBUS.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Should OP be saying a canbus compatible bulb ?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Should OP be saying a canbus compatible bulb ?
I don’t know. Maybe what he actually wants is cannabis bulbs.

I could use a few myself, actually...

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Now you're talking !

Reactions: Colt Hero
1 - 9 of 9 Posts