GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The Build&Price in gm.ca shows it for $90. I went to the stealership and they want $145. WTF!
Where did you buy your cargo cover and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
$90 CND for my 2010 Equinox at time of order and for my 2009 Saturn Vue $142(I bought it later from stealership). Both cargo covers are very similar.
Both prices are plus tax. The Saturn cargo cover listed for $160 but they gave me a discount after I squawked about the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to order the terrain but gave me the story they can't cause 2011 models are about to start production... I bought what they had in the lot, I could not order. Darn! I hate to pay more for stuff like that..
If anything it should be cheaper as I'll be the one doing the installation (or a worker won't be distracted)

Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
I got the LTZ model and my order print out says that the cargo cover and net are included. The only place I've looked for them is the gmaccessories.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So.... I'm happy to report I got the cargo cover for $99 (not bad discount from the stealer considering they wanted $145)
It is the sliding kind of cover, I'm not particularly excited about it because you can't put anything on top heavier than a jacket (not that you want loose objects anyway) but at least will cover the contents and that's what I care.

My old CR-V had the cargo shelf and although more bulky seemed to be more practical when lots of clothes could easily be on the shelf.

Now that I think about it both styles have pros and cons... I think this style is better as it takes less space and much easier to remove/re-install.


-Gaspar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Just got my cargo cover today. Got it for cost, which is $83 dollars, CAD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Like everything else, buy it in the USA it's a lot cheaper. Take a road trip and throw it in while your down there.

If not a dealer, try GMPartsDirect or one of the other online part sites.

Canadian pricing is ridiculous especially when the CAN$ is at $101.26

But then again the Terrain/Nox is built in Canada and its cheaper to buy in the US.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Sgt1411 said:
Like everything else, buy it in the USA it's a lot cheaper. Take a road trip and throw it in while your down there.

If not a dealer, try GMPartsDirect or one of the other online part sites.

Canadian pricing is ridiculous especially when the CAN$ is at $101.26

But then again the Terrain/Nox is built in Canada and its cheaper to buy in the US.
Unfortunately GMPartsDirect and GMAccessoriesstore.com don't ship to Canada.

I've been trying to find a US supplier that would ship the LF671 wheels to Canada, but no luck yet, perhaps a trip accross the border may be in order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
OnxBear said:
Unfortunately GMPartsDirect and GMAccessoriesstore.com don't ship to Canada.

I've been trying to find a US supplier that would ship the LF671 wheels to Canada, but no luck yet, perhaps a trip accross the border may be in order.
Your right

But theres lot of Freight places along the US border that except packages on your behalf then charge you $5.00 to pick up.....well worth the hassle when your saving big $$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
I concur, I may just do that, thanks for the tip...

Sgt1411 said:
Your right

But theres lot of Freight places along the US border that except packages on your behalf then charge you $5.00 to pick up.....well worth the hassle when your saving big $$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
KANWAR said:
Just got my cargo cover today. Got it for cost, which is $83 dollars, CAD.
Just curious to see if anyone got a cargo cover for less than i paid?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top