GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie GM owner...well soon to be that is. Bye Bye VW :D Just purchased my 1st GM vehicle, a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cl FWD Mocha Steel with black leather and power liftgate and I'm eager to take delivery of one. This is going to be one slick car. Dealer was trying locate one and wasn't able to find this car around so they are going to be putting a factory order in tomorrow though they will still try. Sales guy said it's going to take 8-10 weeks. Is this their normal spiel or are these accurate time frames? What should the dealer provide me to know when the order was booked and production dates etc...Does it make any difference that the dealership is 1.5 hours away from the CAMI plant?

Look forward to posting some pics...just hoping it won't be 8-10 weeks before I do so!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there

Ordered my Equinox LTX model Jan 7/10, just tonight drove through my dealer parking lot March 9/10 and there is one sitting there that is looking to be mine. Just got in off the truck its all dirty. We are here in BC. It has all the features mine is suppose to have except when I got home the VIN# does not match mine. Should be interesting tomorrow, I will find out for sure. I am hoping my Salesman gave me the wrong VIN# cause I am getting real excited now. So that makes it just over 8 weeks, and they did tell me 8-10 weeks.

If Roesterman is listening, was wondering How he is doing with his delivery, it was ordered the same time as me and he lives 2 hours away from the plant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my Equinox on Feb 5th, I have been told that they expect it to be at the dealership for delivery on Apr 5th. So that will be 8 weeks. I think 8 weeks is the average time. Some people have had to wait alot longer. By the way I am only 2 hours form the Cami plant myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It might be a little faster (closer to 8 weeks) for people in Ontario since they are made here. For someone like linda whos in BC it might be closer to 10 weeks since she has to wait for a train to cross Canada. Just my thinking, might not be true.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info...guess I should be asking for the order # just to ensure that the dealer isn't playing any games...still hoping they might find one sooner but dealer lots across the Toronto region seem pretty sparce unless you are looking for a terrain as I'm seeing a few more sitting around. My other concern is that I'm trading in my VW and don't want to put that many more kms on the car just in case the dealer doesn't want to honor my trade in value. Can they do that??? I'm also hoping that the GMAC finance rates are going to drop between now and delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's looking like I am going to be around the 8 week mark. Dealer advised that build week to be Apr 12 with delivery hopefully the following week. They tried for a locate, but nobody has much inventory in the GTA and anything on the lot appears to be deliveries to other patient soon to be Nox owners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
to cdnboy you were right I am in bc and it took exactly 10 weeks
delivery. Those dang trains are to slow, but its here and we are loving it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I dont agree with the fact the dealers dont represent gm in some form or fashion. Either way it being the dealer or gm Its not actually delayed one week its dealyed 5-6 weeks. I was orginally quoted april 2nd now Im looking at may 10th. That being said it went from 8 weeks to 13-14 weeks. If it were only one week It would not be a big deal ,since its 5-6 I am starting to get frustrated with the whole process. I am going to take your advice monday and call gm and see what they can do. Anyways I hope your car is doing good and your enjoying it. If im lucky I wont be searching for a ride to work everyday by the end of summer. And have my own wheels I would prefer the terrain as it has alot of features I like but im not oppesed to getting another car especially if another delay happens.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
I dont agree with the fact the dealers dont represent gm in some form or fashion. Either way it being the dealer or gm Its not actually delayed one week its dealyed 5-6 weeks. I was orginally quoted april 2nd now Im looking at may 10th. That being said it went from 8 weeks to 13-14 weeks. If it were only one week It would not be a big deal ,since its 5-6 I am starting to get frustrated with the whole process. I am going to take your advice monday and call gm and see what they can do. Anyways I hope your car is doing good and your enjoying it. If im lucky I wont be searching for a ride to work everyday by the end of summer. And have my own wheels I would prefer the terrain as it has alot of features I like but im not oppesed to getting another car especially if another delay happens.
Errr what?

As stated before, your dealer screwed you over, NOT GM. GM merely makes and sales the cars to the dealers. They cant even impose set standards for the dealerships to uphold because of the franchise agreements.

I understand you are upset but you are venting it in the wrong place. Complain to your dealer that they werent up front with you and basically lied straight to your face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts