GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the maps or software becomes out of date, how easy is it to update the NAV software? What does it cost if anything?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
You have to order a new disc from GM.

You used to get one free update from GM.Not sure about it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
spending almost 3grand more to impress your neighbors with your nav for your daily comute
spending 200 dollars a year to upgrade your nav every year
buying a 98 dollar tom tom with the latest maps for when you need it priceless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
spending almost 3grand more to impress your neighbors with your nav for your daily comute
spending 200 dollars a year to upgrade your nav every year
buying a 98 dollar tom tom with the latest maps for when you need it priceless
If you are spending $200 every year to upgrade your Nav, you are a moron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
I don't think I'd call him a moron. I have a Garmin 660 on my new Harley and bought the lifetime updates for $79, couldn't pass up a deal like that. My old gps I never updated. I personnally don't see a real need to update. the major and minor roads never change(much). I very seldom check out establishments. The only good thing to update are gas station locations in rural areas.....just in case.
Being a former Marine, I never get lost....LOL, but the wife is geographically challenged and really needs it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
GARYD said:
I don't think I'd call him a moron. I have a Garmin 660 on my new Harley and bought the lifetime updates for $79, couldn't pass up a deal like that. My old gps I never updated. I personnally don't see a real need to update. the major and minor roads never change(much). I very seldom check out establishments. The only good thing to update are gas station locations in rural areas.....just in case.
Being a former Marine, I never get lost....LOL, but the wife is geographically challenged and really needs it.
I know the feeling,give me a map and compass and I'm good to go lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
If you are spending $200 every year to upgrade your Nav, you are a moron.
By the way slick, the cost of a disc from GM is 199.99 sorry I was off by a penny
For the price of updating your expensive Nav in your vehicle one can buy a new Garmin and throw away their old one.
Updated disc for 2010 -2011 Terrains are not available yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
I could see it needing a update in 10 years but not any time soon.
I have the nav system in my Terrain just for the times when I go on vacations and decide to just go down some small road in BFE .
I did that the last time I went to Yellowstone and was headed home. Went south on a state road in Kansas and probably found the only road that started to go south and after 20 miles it started to go west.
Had to find a different road to head south again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
By the way slick, the cost of a disc from GM is 199.99 sorry I was off by a penny
For the price of updating your expensive Nav in your vehicle one can buy a new Garmin and throw away their old one.
Updated disc for 2010 -2011 Terrains are not available yet...
You don't need to update every year. That's the point. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
You don't need to update every year. That's the point. ::)
And my point is one doesn't have to spent thousands for a Nav to impress their neighbors when a Garmin will do just fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
And my point is one doesn't have to spent thousands for a Nav to impress their neighbors when a Garmin will do just fine
One doesn't have to get the heated seats option either to impress the neighbors, they could just buy a heated seat cushion for much cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
One doesn't have to get the heated seats option either to impress the neighbors, they could just buy a heated seat cushion for much cheaper.
now your catching on or just wear flannel lined pants at 30 bucks a pair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
The Nav has some other options associated to the XM sat radio and XM Nav Traffic so its not just another toy to some.

That said, if one was to sign up for On* Directions and Connections for 10 years it would still be less then $3000

So in fact we all have Navigation if we want to pay On* for it.

I have been using Motion X GPS iPhone App and its outstanding with voice guidance and its extremely accurate.

Audio comes through the Terrain speakers, has an iPod feature to play your music through the Terrain audio system in between when its providing voice guidance.


Even though I love my Terrain, I drove a demo Ford Edge with My Ford Touch this past week. That system is so far ahead its not funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
now your catching on or just wear flannel lined pants at 30 bucks a pair
Well said.
You have to learn to just not take what someone on a computer somewhere else in the world posts personal.
Opinions are like (you know what) everyone has one and most are based on other peoples opinions.
And then you have a few people that will post stuff just to start a flame war, you will never win a argument with them because they just want to argue




I had the money to get what I wanted the way I wanted it so I did.
I use the gas that I know works and the oil that I know works and if other people think that is stupid then more power to them.
I have rebuilt to many cars and built up to many motors to worry about what other people think, shoot in 1977 I was in high school and built up my 68 camaro to run 12.7 in the 1/4 mile.
I have nav in my Terrain because I wanted it and more power to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Z_GHOST.......2 thumbs up. That's all that matters.

RNOX, please send the check right away. Not only will I guide you to anywhere you want to go, but I'll also act as a body guard against any terrorists that might have you singled out for jehad. ;D ;D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
GARYD said:
Z_GHOST.......2 thumbs up. That's all that matters.

RNOX, please send the check right away. Not only will I guide you to anywhere you want to go, but I'll also act as a body guard against any terrorists that might have you singled out for jehad. ;D ;D ;D
Thanks GARYD :D

RNOX
See that could be a problem with hiring a marine, they want to bring at least 100 lbs of weapons and they tend to tear doors of the hinges when they see the bad guys.

Now you have to replace a door and that's going to be a lot.


I never understood why people get so upset when someone else post a different opinion, if we all thought the same way and had the same opinions then we would still be chasing game around with a stick and getting ate by lions.
We do things the way we want to, that's called freedom people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Z_GHOST, you got that one wrong. If everyone had the same opinions as ME....then the world would be a better place. ROTFLMAO

Love that smiley face.

I only bring along a 26 lbs weapon.........but 100 lbs of ammo.....don't want to run out.
Forget about tearing down the door....I'll shoot through it.....safer that way. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
GARYD said:
Z_GHOST, you got that one wrong. If everyone had the same opinions as ME....then the world would be a better place. ROTFLMAO

Love that smiley face.

I only bring along a 26 lbs weapon.........but 100 lbs of ammo.....don't want to run out.
Forget about tearing down the door....I'll shoot through it.....safer that way. ;D
Does one use a LAW to open doors nowadays?
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top