GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter got into a small fender bender and the only real damage to her car (other than having to use some touch up paint) was a broken passenger side headlamp lens. I have been searching up and down and sideways and can’t quite figure out if we can just replace the lens or if we have to replace the entire headlight assembly.

Anyone know if we can just replace the lens And if so, where can you get one.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive mirror
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive mirror

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
My daughter got into a small fender bender and the only real damage to her car (other than having to use some touch up paint) was a broken passenger side headlamp lens. I have been searching up and down and sideways and can’t quite figure out if we can just replace the lens or if we have to replace the entire headlight assembly.

Anyone know if we can just replace the lens And if so, where can you get one.

You will need a whole headlight assembly. You can either buy one from a dealer or online parts supplier (search GM Parts) . . or look on Ebay for the model year and trim level (base, LT Premium, etc) range of your Equinox 2018 to 2020
Make sure you purchase the correct one.. . . for halogen, LED or HID bulbs.

Example of one GM parts source:

EDIT: .. Sorry these are for 2018 Equinox - - - not Terrain. But prices would be similar.

Headlamp Components for 2018 Chevrolet Equinox | GMPartsNow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need a whole headlight assembly. You can either buy one from a dealer or online parts supplier (search GM Parts) . . or look on Ebay for the model year and trim level (base, LT Premium, etc) range of your Equinox 2018 to 2020
Also, it appears that yo have standard halogen bulb headlights so make sure you purchase the correct one.. . . not LED or HID.
Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. It’s literally a 2” x 2”‘piece of plastic that broke. Instead of $50, it will be more like $500!!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. It’s literally a 2” x 2”‘piece of plastic that broke. Instead of $50, it will be more like $500!!
Yes. . . it is costly. I had to replace on on my 2017 Chevy truck and it cost me $260 for a used but like new one from Ebay. Also, quite a bit of work to disassemble and remove the headlight housings these days.
Just make sur eyou get the correct housing for the bulbs your Equinox uses.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,467 Posts
Maybe could’ve been $5 had the broken pieces been collected then glued back together with clear epoxy.

Good enough for a long-term temporary fix until a suitably-priced junk yard part could be located.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts