GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual it talks about you can pause/rewind XM for 20 minutes, and if you turn off car and return back within 20 minutes, XM will resume from last position.
Do you need the Nav system to do this and has anyone tested it working?

Also does the car have favorite feature where you can "favorite" a song or artist and the radio beeps when the favorite is being played on a station you are not tuned to?

I would guess it doesn't have a record feature that some of XM radio units have?

·
Registered
635 Posts
You can not record from XM to MEM(memory) or HDD(hard disk drive). If you try you get a message that says you can't.

You can pause without NAV, as long as you have the MEM feature. 2 GB MEM is a feature of the optional radio with the high power amp and subwoofer. With NAV you get 40 GB HDD.

You can record to MEM/HDD from USB connected device or CD/DVD.

Entry level radio has no MEM feature or recording ability.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was modifying my answer while you posted to more clearly explain the pause feature. There is a difference in recording and pausing. Please critique my improved answer.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Better yet... I have removed my previous posts but I guess I wasn't completely wrong... you CAN pause XM.

I had no ideal I had the ability to pause on my old, non-nav SLT-2 Terrain.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Boy I'm sounding like a whacko... While I modified my answer...... the question was being modified and now my answer yup...sounds like an echo....lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Roesterman, I didn't even know the optional radio had the 2GB MEM; that's the radio included in Pioneer speaker package, correct?

·
Registered
830 Posts
No, i think that this is the radio coming with the RSE. I have the pioneer premium without nav and can't pause XM...

georgi55 said:
Thanks Roesterman, I didn't even know the optional radio had the 2GB MEM; that's the radio included in Pioneer speaker package, correct?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SuperMat64 said:
No, i think that this is the radio coming with the RSE. I have the pioneer premium without nav and can't pause XM...
RSE = rear seat entertainment system?
I'm going to be taking a look at an equinox with nav and without nav and RES tomorrow and will report what I find out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes I have RSE and no NAV. If you are correct there are 4 or 5 different radios. Not 3 like how i thought.

1 Entry level...no MEM
2 Upgrade, no NAV without RSE ...no MEM
3 Upgrade, no NAV with RSE with MEM
4 Radio with NAV(maybe 5 with and without RSE?) with HDD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts