GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not see the option to change the dash screen temp readings to Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

Can this be done on the US model????

(I hate F -- us C for everything - much better........)

still shopping for nox.

dave t.
cincinnati

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
If you could, then most of us "ignorant" Americans would be wearing a winter jacket in the middle of summer because we would think it was cold outside. LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
dddd88 said:
I did not see the option to change the dash screen temp readings to Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

Can this be done on the US model????

(I hate F -- us C for everything - much better........)

still shopping for nox.

dave t.
cincinnati
You can, but unfortunately that means you must display the speed in KPH instead of MPH, (and the tire pressure in bar instead of PSI?). You can make this change on the DIC, there's a US - Metric option.

M

·
0 Posts
I wish that on the DIC you could change specific screens to read in metric or Imperial.

In other words. I'm in Canada and like reading Km/hr and L/100km ect......but who the "F" (even in Canada) reads their tire pressures in Kilo-Pascals.

Hello...GM...knock knock...Mcfly...the universally acepted units of recognition for tire pressure for 99% of us average Joe's is PSI regardless if you're on the metric or imperial system.

I can also imagine a lot of the older generation Canadian folk need to read Km/Hr for speed but would love to read Miles/Gallon for their fuel economy as this is the units they are more accustom to gauging and understanding. Who wants to globally chang over the whole system from Metric/Imperial each time you want to check something out in the other units.

The hardware is all in place...it's just a software adjustment to accomplish this. GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS MORE OPTIONS TO CUSTOMIZE THEIR VEHICLE TO THEIR PREFERENCES.
Some other things I think would be great to have control over customizing.
1. The temperature at which the heated seats automatically kick in during the remote start.
2. The temperature that the engine coolant heater kicks in. -18deg C....Duh, I plug my block heaters in as soon as it's down to about -5. Let me choose the temperature that I feel it's necessary for comfort, engine warmup and reduced wear&tear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts