GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of my cell phone not charging because the vehicle is off... Any way to make the outlets live all the time?

Thx...

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
rick7343 said:
Tired of my cell phone not charging because the vehicle is off... Any way to make the outlets live all the time?

Thx...
Sure, but you'd have to some rewiring at the fuse panel.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think there is a reason GM has moved away from "acc power enabled w/key off"...

and only enabled it only in areas where an "attended vehicle" is extremely likely...

Not my vehicle...but...
Here is an extracted quote from the owner the day after it happened...

So the story is, We were outside yesterday spring cleaning. My kids wanted to ride their bikes so I got the air compressor, hooked it up to the 12v aux outlet in the front and started pumping tires up. Got my sons done and half way through my daughters when the compressor stopped. Figuring I blew a fuse We were about to move over to my dads truck to finish when the innertube on her bike blew. I told her we'd have to fix the bike later. They went back to playing as we went back into the sunroom to get back to cleaning. About 5 minutes later my horn started going off like the alarm had been activated. My dad walked around the corner of the house to see why, as I was digging my keys out of my pocket to see if maybe I hit the panic button. Then he started screaming at me to come open my truck. I come around the corner and see black smoke rolling in the windshield. I opened the truck door and out rolled a big cloud of black smoke and there were flames rolling out of the dash. [/color]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts