GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Chevy equinox Lt 3l v6 awd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to upgrade from manual passenger seat to an electric one in a 2011 equinox Lt? I looked and am having trouble finding info. Please link me up. I'm hoping someone will be able to get me good info for buying and installing what I need.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
I would look at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Power passenger seat was only ever an option on the LTZ trim, and wasn't offered until the 2013 model year. If you do find one, it will most likely be leather.

I am not certain the necessary power/wiring harness will be pre-installed on the passenger side on a 2011 since that wasn't an option offered for that year even on the LTZ trim.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok, I managed to get a seat, but now I have to get a wiring harness to plug into. I looked at the driver's side and got the info from the plug but I don't find anything when I look it up. Pasps-gf20 and Mx n 13 is what I found on the plug. Does anyone have a part number for the wiring harness that comes up out of the floor carpet? I have the harness on the seat but not the one that goes from the seat to the ecu/bcm.
Toy Automotive lighting Plastic Electric blue Toy vehicle

Toy Finger Thumb Grass Plastic

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Auto part

Luggage and bags Bag Musical instrument accessory Trunk Auto part

Toy Finger Nail Electric blue Thumb

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 173k miles
4,189 Posts
@Vash2989 :

I'm not near my Manuals right now, otherwise I'd look that info up for you, but in the meantime:

Would you please update your Vehicle Details so that it appears with every post ?

1.) Click on your Avatar/icon at top-right, go into “Account Settings”, then “Vehicle Details” and enter something like the following:

2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 170.5k miles

That’s my Nox: year, make, model, trim, engine, front-wheel drive (or all-wheel drive), and current miles on the odometer. This method puts this identifying information at the top of every post you make!

2.) Don’t forget to SAVE your changes! It should show “Your changes Have Been Saved”.

NOTE: if you're doing this on an mobile phone, you may need to scroll all the way to the bottom before tapping the SAVE button. I cannot tap the SAVE button on my iPhone 6S unless I do this!

——-
There is also “Signature” which will put this information at the bottom of every post. I use both, but I think if you use one over the other ... the top is better ... more visible.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I updated the info.
Thanks for adding the Vehicle Details info! Also - added you to the famous 3.0 Owner's "Who's Left" List! LOL!

That connector looks like the "X308 Body Harness to Driver Seat Cushion Harness"

Harness: Body
OEM Connector: 33476-1955
Service Connector: 13574908
Description: 16-Way F Hybrid Sealed (YE)

Harness: Driver Seat Cushion
OEM Connector: 33486-1762
Service Connector: Pending
Description: 16-Way M Hybrid Sealed (YE)

There's also an "X310 Body Harness to Passenger Seat Cushion Harness", which looks identical?

Don't think there are any Part #'s in these Manuals, but it looks to be #36 below?

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Brand

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was finally given up on. I had one bolt left to put it back in, everything was lined up and only a few mm left to go and the bell housing broke again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, 2011 equinox Lt 3l. Is there a spot under the dash that I should be connecting a power seat harness to for the passenger side or should I just splice from the driver's connector?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Ok, 2011 equinox Lt 3l. Is there a spot under the dash that I should be connecting a power seat harness to for the passenger side or should I just splice from the driver's connector?
@arcee appears to be correct! Just searched on GMPartsDirect.com (again) and no sign of a Passenger Power Seat on the 2011. Starts appearing with the 2013's. There's supposed to be some kind of harness on the 2011 (non-power-seat harness Part # 20840060), which is discontinued :

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Software

but when you look up the harness for the 2013 (with the Power Seat), it shows Part# 23247221 :

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

and it's the same picture! Maybe that's just laziness (or database mistake)?

... and once again ... the 2011 Driver's Power Seat Harness:

Rectangle Font Parallel Software Technology

.... wish I had a better depiction of what each one of the plugs is for, and how they map to the Passenger-Side harness.

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
Could you maybe include a picture of the plug you are splicing to? You could possibly get it done if all the wires are the same color but other than that or finding an actual wiring diagram for your cars year and the year of the seat it could be tough. Getting the motors to work would be easy but getting the weight sensor in the seat to work along with wiring it up without setting off the airbag inside the seat then you have a wire or 2 for the seatbelt too... It's a mess. idk my seats say airbag..Im positive you have it too.. That's why I wouldn't mess around with it too much. You do have the plug in the carpet, that is a good start. Kinda weird your lt did not have the power seat to begin with. But yes it can be done, all the equinoxes have the same bolt holes ECT even the 2wd has awd space for the driveshaft, basically all the same body no matter what so.. I would actually look for a new seat first from a 2011 It that has the same plug this way you can't go wrong. If you want, do you happen to know the year and trim level the seat came from? Maybe we can find both pin outs for the connector plugs and possibly try hook it up without the airbag going off. It's just dangerous because the weight sensor, airbag, buckle is basically what you are trying to wire up. Even if you have all that it will just say airbag signal wire too and if that system is spliced like that instead of a plug it would effect the cars value.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
A yellow connector is a signal that there is an air bag wire in that connector.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts