GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I unlock the vehicle with the key fob, the driver's seat moves into the position associated with my fob. Is there a way to keep the seat from moving? I would prefer that the seat stay in the full back position (I have it set to go to the position when exiting the vehicle) until I get in the vehicle and put the key in the ignition.

Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
randyw57 said:
When I unlock the vehicle with the key fob, the driver's seat moves into the position associated with my fob. Is there a way to keep the seat from moving? I would prefer that the seat stay in the full back position (I have it set to go to the position when exiting the vehicle) until I get in the vehicle and put the key in the ignition.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Let's see -

How about if you set button #1 to be full back position, and button #2 (these are the buttons on the seat) set for your desired position. Then, when you are in the car, press button #2, and drive the car, and when you want to exit, press button #2 (whoops should be #1[/color]) , and it will move the seat to full back, and store this position to the fob. Every time you get in, press #2, and before you exit, press #1.

What do you think ?

Rit

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Gee, I'm not sure either RIT, I don't think the settings have that as an option - I'd have to check.
My Hubby would like that feature as well.

To simplify, once you have button #1 set to the fob, you wouldn't have to press #1 when you exit everytime, just use the trucks door lock settings to move seat back when exiting.
Saves one step of pushing a button. Yes? [/color]

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is a configuration setting. Try this "click path":

Configuration | Remote Lock/Unlock/Start | Memory Remote Recall

Set the feature to off.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Note - I edited my post - 3 below.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Iliketerrain said:
This is a configuration setting. Try this "click path":

Configuration | Remote Lock/Unlock/Start | Memory Remote Recall

Set the feature to off.
True that, I can't speak for randyw27, but I think what he and I would prefer is, not to turn the feature off but to have the feature move the seat into the memory position not when the truck is unlocked but when the ignition is turned.
Would be nice if that was an option is all [/color]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed the Config to set 'Memory Remote Recall' to Off.
I like that better already. I'm glad that setting is separate from the one to move
the seat all the way back when exiting.

Yes, having another setting that would move the seat to the settings that
match the fob when the key goes into the ignition would be an even more
elegant solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts