GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 nox 1 lt with the 7inch screen and was wondering if I can get pandora on it. I also was reading that I should be able to change stations by voice commands. Any one know anything about this

·
Registered
289 Posts
There are very few models (all built after January 2, dealership delivered after Feb 15) that have the Mylink radio. What you have is called Colortouch and as of right now there's no way to upgrade without replacing the entire unit. Unfortunately GM promoted the Mylink radio too much making everyone (dealers included) think it was standard with the new radio interface.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mikesnox said:
I have a 2012 nox 1 lt with the 7inch screen and was wondering if I can get pandora on it. I also was reading that I should be able to change stations by voice commands. Any one know anything about this
Short of trading your car, no. :mad:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Put Pandora on your smartphone turn it on and plug into Aux. Done :thumb:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to check if your vehicle has the MyLink feature. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Mochaman said:
Put Pandora on your smartphone turn it on and plug into Aux. Done :thumb:
Agree I use mine like this as well

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Mikesnox said:
Hope urs has the mylink feature, if so I think you will be the first on this forum to have it! But if your not seeing it already in your settings, its highly unlikely, if it makes you feel better, their are thousands of us that were told the bad news and let down.

·
Registered
673 Posts
bowtieman said:
Hope urs has the mylink feature, if so I think you will be the first on this forum to have it! But if your not seeing it already in your settings, its highly unlikely, if it makes you feel better, their are thousands of us that were told the bad news and let down.

we should be somehow compensated for this even offer couple of free oil changes....something right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know many 2012 owners feel like they were screwed by the dealer and GM. I count my self among those who do. But I have to ask. Did anyone on the forum really by a car so they can use Pandora? And would anyone say "if I new the car did not have Pandora I never would have bought it in the first place".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I didn't buy my nox just for pandora. I might not of bought in January if I new I could waita month or 2. I do believe gms salesman should know what they are selling. I work with heating and air equipment and know everything about the product I sell and if I don't know something I find the answer. This is also a big dollar investment. This is how I keep my customers coming back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mikesnox said:
No I didn't buy my nox just for pandora. I might not of bought in January if I new I could waita month or 2. I do believe gms salesman should know what they are selling. I work with heating and air equipment and know everything about the product I sell and if I don't know something I find the answer. This is also a big dollar investment. This is how I keep my customers coming back.
I think unfortunately it would never be GMs fault therefore it could never reach class action level. EVERY advertisement I saw for it said "coming soon" or "coming in 2012 model year" or "coming February 2012." I never saw one that said "Available." The only place I was ever given the world that it was available was by a dealer (that I didn't buy from.) My belief is he saw the new radio, it looked like the picture, therefore he assumed it was in the vehicle. When it was technically an in-between model and not the full fledged model. Therefore, in my believe, all the blame is on the dealership because even the handout he gave me didn't say available on select models or anything, it only said coming soon. Therefore everyone would have to take it up with their individual dealerships for the dealers saying it was on the vehicle.

·
Registered
673 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
I think unfortunately it would never be GMs fault therefore it could never reach class action level. EVERY advertisement I saw for it said "coming soon" or "coming in 2012 model year" or "coming February 2012." I never saw one that said "Available." The only place I was ever given the world that it was available was by a dealer (that I didn't buy from.) My belief is he saw the new radio, it looked like the picture, therefore he assumed it was in the vehicle. When it was technically an in-between model and not the full fledged model. Therefore, in my believe, all the blame is on the dealership because even the handout he gave me didn't say available on select models or anything, it only said coming soon. Therefore everyone would have to take it up with their individual dealerships for the dealers saying it was on the vehicle.

coming in 2012 model year...I own a 2012 and do not have it....The way they talked about it was like it was some sort of firmware update. But we all know that is not the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2012 Terrain with nav.I use my Iphone to get Pandora.it is pluged in to my usb port and then on Iphone i use the Pandora app.It shows up on the screen with album art work and all.
P.S. I dont have mylink

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
terrain59 said:
I have 2012 Terrain with nav.I use my Iphone to get Pandora.it is pluged in to my usb port and then on Iphone i use the Pandora app.It shows up on the screen with album art work and all.
P.S. I dont have mylink
I do the same!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Count me as another unhappy GM customer. I bought my 2012 1LT in November after researching and part of my purchase decision was the Mylink feature. I really feel like I got screwed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto.

I think I'm screwed too.. I did my research and because there was some confusion, I specifically asked my dealer about mylink. He called his GM training guy and he talked to someone at onstar and he told me that since my Nox was built after Jan6th or something that it would upgrade mylink when it comes out. If it didn't, he would take care of me.. Now that mylink has come out, I'm going to the dealer soon and see how what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The thing that irks me isn't so much that I can't get Pandora. It's that when I was reviewing the tutorials on the Chevy site for the 2012 Equinox they clearly showed the girl using voice commands with her radio. So that's what I expected to be able to do, especially since I bought the top of the line LTZ. When I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working I started doing research and found out about the MyLink radio (or the lack of a MyLink radio). Very annoying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts