GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
jms2000 said:
one dealer told me yes, one dealer told me no!
You can order the truck the way you want and they can get the 19's as an accessory item and install them for you. Basically,they will add the full price of the rims onto the MSRP instead of getting them as an option at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most all the reviewers report that the 19" wheels really degrade the ride quality. Most say take a pass on the 19s

·
Registered
698 Posts
NesuD said:
Most all the reviewers report that the 19" wheels really degrade the ride quality. Most say take a pass on the 19s
I think it depends greatly on the condition/type of surface of the road you're driving on. I have the 19s and find the ride to be pretty harsh on our roads. Maybe when the roads 'settle' down come spring, the ride will improve.

It would also depend on what you're used to. My last couple of vehicles were full size pickups with high profile tires so there was definitely a noticeable difference when going to the Terrain.

·
Registered
698 Posts
SnowItch said:
When your job is to find something wrong with something, and you get paid to complain, well, you're going to complain...
Hmmm sounds like my workplace. It's an inherent danger of having engineers being around one another.

·
Registered
635 Posts
DeMAN said:
I would probable stay away from 19" on a I4 Terrain.
You would mess with the speedometer, computer, turning radius, suspension, oil change monitor etc, too...see chart for % difference in speed at 60 MPH.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
jms2000 said:
one dealer told me yes, one dealer told me no!

Jms2000 wanted the 19" wheels as option. That comes with P235/60R19 tires. You cant pick a different size tire with the option. If he just bought just the rims he could play with the tire size.

I found a good size 19" tire to match the OEM. See chart:

Check chart:

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think you will have much luck finding 225/55R19 rubber.
235/50R19 is a pretty close to the stock 17"ers diamiter as well and there should be a couple of summer performance tires available in that size.
Besides going the extra 10mm width shouldn't cause any trouble since that is what GM runs on the 19s when they supply them from the factory themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts