GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 2010 Equinox V6 AWD LTZ on February 13th or at least I think I did. I added a few features such as the power sun roof, the trailer hitch and rear seat entertainment system.

Since I ordered the car, the salesman at the dealer has called me several times to let me know that he has several other models available, however, they are different trim levels, different motor and don't have the DVD system. Each time I tell him that I want the car I ordered. I then ask about the status of my order, and he gives me vague comments about how the car will be ordered. I press him whether the dealer ordered the car, and he gets even more vague. I don't think they ordered the car.

I don't want to make waves, and ask to speak to his boss to find out if the car was ordered, but given the lag time between ordering and delivering, I really don't want to wait longer than necessary because the dealer didn't order the car. My concern is that I got a pretty good deal ($100 over invoice since we were able to get the invoice from a cadillac dealership where my father works), and the dealer really doesn't want to sell me the car at this price, and is not going to order it.

With all that in mind, I just want to know if there is a way to find out if the car was ordered by contacting GM? My sense is no, but I thought I'd check.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Tell him to give you the order code or you will walk. Itll be a 6 digit alphanumeric number. If they dont have an order code then they didnt order a vehicle for you.

For example mine is NTFG3P.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bballr4567 said:
Tell him to give you the order code or you will walk. Itll be a 6 digit alphanumeric number. If they dont have an order code then they didnt order a vehicle for you.

For example mine is NTFG3P.
Thanks. That is what I thought. I was hoping to avoid ultimatums, but my guess is that I have no choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Posted this on other thread. I waited 4 weeks and Dealer did not have an order number. My salesman kept getting the runaround, so I decided to take matters in my own hands. So...went to the Chevrolet website and sent an inquiry to Customer Assistance. To my surprise, they emailed and called me back within 24 hours. I don't think I would have gotten anywhere without contacting Chevrolet direct. My salesman worked with a Chevrolet representative and found that the order was not officially accepted. I now have an order number NTFPMQ and the status code of 1100. Hopefully it will be here in 4 weeks. Salesman initially quoted wait time of 6-8 weeks. However, I think if I hadn't intervened, I would still be here waiting with no order number.

Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
After you get your vehicle, you will get a survey from GM. You get four selections, and anything lower than Extremely Satisfied is considered a failure for the dealership. Nuff said.

KJ

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jmc_tx said:
Posted this on other thread. I waited 4 weeks and Dealer did not have an order number. My salesman kept getting the runaround, so I decided to take matters in my own hands. So...went to the Chevrolet website and sent an inquiry to Customer Assistance. To my surprise, they emailed and called me back within 24 hours. I don't think I would have gotten anywhere without contacting Chevrolet direct. My salesman worked with a Chevrolet representative and found that the order was not officially accepted. I now have an order number NTFPMQ and the status code of 1100. Hopefully it will be here in 4 weeks. Salesman initially quoted wait time of 6-8 weeks. However, I think if I hadn't intervened, I would still be here waiting with no order number.

Good luck!
Thanks for this information. This is what I was hoping to find out. I have not called the dealer since I wanted to give them a bit of time. However, if after calling tomorrow, they don't have an order number and status, I will go to Chevrolet directly.

I hope that they did order this. Quite frankly, I am trying to give GM a chance, and I hope they come through. The last car I ordered was a Honda Pilot 7 years ago when it was the hottest thing going. I had to order that, and had no problems whatsoever. It arrived exactly on the day I wanted. For this car, I had wanted to get the CR-V, but thought I'd give the Equinox a look, and I am impressed. I just hope their customer service equals the quality of the car I think I'm purchasing. I hope the dealers get the message. This is a serious time for GM, and it must come through.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's amazing how fundamentally different dealers can be. Since I'm spending MY money, I tend to give very little benefit of the doubt when sensing I'm getting a runaround. I don't mind making a few extra calls or driving a few extra miles to get the service, and the deal, I expect. I was very fortunate with my dealer, Dick Norris Buick/GMC in Clearwater, FLA. Across the board they were exceptional from order to delivery. No BS, ever, straight shooters in all regards. And I'm not the easiest consumer to deal with. Any dealer needs to know you'll move on when the BS meter gets activated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update.

I called my dealership today, and got more run around. I was told there is no order number. I told him there absolutely is an order number, and the salesman told me I have my information wrong. I then asked for a production date (my father that does work for the local Cadillac dealer told me that a production date is issued shortly after an order is received). The salesman told me that there is no production date.

I asked him if the car order went through, and he said yes, and not to worry.

I'd like to not worry, but my current car has had its run. (It's a 1998 Chrysler Sebring - enough said) So I'm going to have to do more investigating. I'd just like to know the car was ordered rather than be told in a few weeks that something is wrong, but they have this other Equinox if I'm interested. At that point, I would have lost several weeks.

We'll see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
GMCdriver said:
It sounds like a sketchy dealer trying to keep you from ordering somewhere else untill he gets more allotment from GM.
I agree, it sure does sound like either they're stalling or that your order wasn't accepted for some reason. When I placed my order for my Equinox (hopefully arriving this week!), the dealer was up front about what their allocations were for that month and when their orders were going in. I was told to check back with them about 2 weeks after I placed my order for an update. At that time, they had the order number and my order already had a TPW set.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you pay a deposit with your order? I had to pay $1k deposit, but then got an order number and production date within a few days, both of which I verified w/ GM customer service. Anyway, it was worth it, and I had a decent, honest, straight-forward, well-communicating, engaged sales-guy who was nice to work with.

Out of curiosity, what is the invoice price on this vehicle? I'm sure that I didn't get any bargain on my special order, but it would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
No order number my a$$. Dealer is flat out lying to you. Here is my order info. Clearly, you can see there is an order number along with the status of the order.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Cant wait!!! Its got a TPW for next week so we should have it in 3!!

If you want I can even post the GMWORKBENCH order sheet for my Terrain as well. :D :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I will do it later tonight. Gotta hook up the scanner.

Now, I will say that not every dealer will give you the workbench order form as its for dealer use only but its your vehicle so I dont see why they wouldnt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I really don't trust the dealer, but they did confirm to my contact at the Cadillac dealer where my father works that the Equinox was ordered. Although, I did put a call into GM, and they were very concerned about this. They are extremely helpful, and mindful of customer service. They wanted to contact the dealer directly, but I told them to hold off for a bit as I try to work through this. We were told by the dealer that we would have a production date on Tuesday of next week. If we don't, then I will certainly have GM handle it. I really would like to work this out with the dealer. Believe it or not, I'm a lawyer, but I try to avoid using that in my personal dealings. Plus, I would like to maintain a good relationship with a dealer. We'll see. If I do not get the information I want by Tuesday, then they will have to deal with me as a lawyer, and not a customer. Also, GM will follow-up with them.

As for the actual car, I ordered the LTZ, V6 AWD. It has the rear seat entertainment system, power roof and trailer package. The Equinox is coming with the 18" machined aluminum wheels. We were given an invoice from the cadillac dealer for this vehicle for $33,416.10. The sticker was $34,905, and the price I was given was $33,516. I would be curious if others have a different invoice price as i understand that this can vary be region, and even by dealer. The truth is that we are not doing that much better than sticker price, but that is the drawback to ordering a popular car.

I don't mind waiting a bit as I'd rather get the car in good weather. I don't, however, like being played.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks to everyone for their feedback and ammunition, should I need it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
They arent lying about the tuesday update. Usually orders get pulled then.

Thats good that they are finally listening to you though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bballr just out of curiosity when did you put your order in? Mine has been sitting at 1100 for three weeks now and I'm getting impatient because the dealer waited two weeks before putting my order in! I knew I'd have to wait, but I want to see a status change already!! :( Could I possibly get any more definitive information from GM or my dealer? I'm just soooo glad I found this forum. The information I have found on here has been invaluable.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I claimed a dealer stock order.

Basically, GM awarded a nearby dealer with a Buick and GMC franchise and they were allotted an emergency 10 Terrains. We got there 4 days after this was announced and 6 of the 10 were claimed. As of yesterday, all 10 Terrains were claimed with another 22 on the wait list.

As for your code, it basically means that GM is waiting for your dealer to get allotment. It sucks but after 3 weeks you should start to see some movement soon. If you havent already, check out www.camarotracker.com and sign up for the alerts. Its a great resource.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I already have and I get all excited every week when I get that email (like I DON'T check every day :p) I think my status has maybe changed! I specifically asked the dealer three weeks ago after being on here if they had alottment and got yeah, yeah and I know they had two orders, but I was the first to put mine in. I was happy to see the one they had on their lot is gone and hope that meant good things for me, but nothing yet! Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow. I haven't "bothered" them for a few weeks now! When I ordered on 01/29/10 they told me 10 weeks, but there's no way I'll have it in a mere five!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I do. They are getting CAMI's new weld shop online and that should allow for another 300 vehicles a day. When they max out that and after a year its still not meeting demand then MAYBE they should reopen a closed plant.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts