Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got an email update from camarotracking.com.. and the email said:

Code:
Order# XXXX00
Shipped by
Notes: 04/19/2010
Last Update(s)
April 7, 2010 - Current
It says "Ship By" and then "Notes: 4/19" Now, when I go to the site, it looks like this

Code:
Order# XXXX00
Notes: 04/19/2010
Last Update(s)
April 7, 2010 - Current
March 31, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
March 18, 2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control
There is no mention of a shipping date, or anything - so I guess my question is - does this mean my car will shipped by 4/19?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm pretty sure the "Shipped by:" field is only for Camaro's. I believe the date in the "Notes:" field is always the TPW until the vehicle is actually produced. When your car is actually produced, you'll get an e-mail from camarotracking.com telling you it was produced and that they can't track it for you any more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boooooo!

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SnowItch said:
Ummm... The alternative would be limited feedback when your dealer got around to it. So, although it is not great, it is better than nothing.

I have read elsewhere that the reason why it stops tracking once the vehicle is produced is because GM has different agreements with the companies that ship Camaro's than they do with their other models. With Camaro's, the shipping company is contractually obligated to provide shipping information, whereas with the rest of the line, they are not.
I didn't at all mean that "Booo" towards you or your comments. I was just disappointed, that's all. I am very appreciative!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me ask a follow up question. CamaroTracking.com states:

If your current status is 1100-3300, your order will be checked weekly on Wednesday. Since orders do not get pulled into 3000 status until late Tuesday night.

If you are at 3400 with a future TPW, your order will not be checked until your TPW.

If you are at 3400 with a current TPW, your order will be checked daily (starting Tuesday) of that week. If you do not have a VIN by the Saturday of your production week, you will not have one until the following Tuesday.
So.. if if my status isn't updated today, I can assume that I am at 3400? Or am I reading this incorrectly?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dutch said:
Let me ask a follow up question. CamaroTracking.com states:

So.. if if my status isn't updated today, I can assume that I am at 3400? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
Funny, as I have been anxiously awaiting an update today as well and it has not arrived. From last week's status update, I was at 3100 and in the note it said 04/26/2010, which I see means that is its TPW.

So I'm with you in wondering if I'm now at 3400.

I know I'm not answering your question, but I thought I'd let you know you are not alone in wondering where you are. I also wonder if there was just a delay in updating today.

I just want to get the car already. Not much to ask.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rs505 said:
Funny, as I have been anxiously awaiting an update today as well and it has not arrived. From last week's status update, I was at 3100 and in the note it said 04/26/2010, which I see means that is its TPW.

So I'm with you in wondering if I'm now at 3400.

I know I'm not answering your question, but I thought I'd let you know you are not alone in wondering where you are. I also wonder if there was just a delay in updating today.

I just want to get the car already. Not much to ask.
Actually, thank you for validating my curiousity... :) Here's to 3400!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a TPW for this week and still am only at 3300, I have been waiting since Jan. 18. I had no idea about the alottment until I placed my order. I feel you because I have been waiting for the updates just like you. But I was told Eric is out today and they should be updated today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am also waiting for a update, am at 3100 with a 4/19 TPW for the last 2 weeks. Maybe this lack of an update means good things. I'm tired of waiting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
rs505 - I have the exact same stats as you: 3100 last week, 4/26/10 TPW, and no update as of today. Hoping for good news b/c by the time my vehicle arrives (guessing mid-May), it will have been a 4 month wait! (dealer didn't have allocation, and I didn't know to ask prior to ordering).

However, this site has been a great resource since ordering. :)

EDIT: I have a typo...if it arrives mid-May it will be 3 months, not 4. It's been a long few days. ha

·
Registered
118 Posts
heavyjeff I have been waiting a long time as well.

and the others I dont buy its the dealer at this point as if you follow the system by the time codes dealer allication has already been used and put into the system.

Gmc is lagging a little bit, really 9-10- <in my case 12> weeks to wait for a car in todays age is plain insane.
I dont care if its the allication system, the dealer or gmc . The whole system is a reflection upon gmc, and if it takes that long to get our cars then it makes Gmc look bad.

If the dealers are bad and causing that much of an issue then gmc should not be doing business with them.
If i am reading this right
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)

by the time you are past 2000 it seems like it rest on gmc shoulders to get the car out to you.

I know for sure my car has been in 2000 for over 8 weeks.

this is why I dont blame my dealer too much.
I gues we are all just going to have to wait it out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
heavyjeff I have been waiting a long time as well.

and the others I dont buy its the dealer at this point as if you follow the system by the time codes dealer allication has already been used and put into the system.

Gmc is lagging a little bit, really 9-10- <in my case 12> weeks to wait for a car in todays age is plain insane.
I dont care if its the allication system, the dealer or gmc . The whole system is a reflection upon gmc, and if it takes that long to get our cars then it makes Gmc look bad.

If the dealers are bad and causing that much of an issue then gmc should not be doing business with them.
If i am reading this right
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)

by the time you are past 2000 it seems like it rest on gmc shoulders to get the car out to you.

I know for sure my car has been in 2000 for over 8 weeks.

this is why I dont blame my dealer too much.
I gues we are all just going to have to wait it out.
I waited 13 weeks. Got mine yesterday. Put in huskyliners today and set up the radio, bluetooth, locking and lighting preferences etc. Kids tried out the DVD screens...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I purchased my Equinox from one of the closest Gm dealers to the plant in Ingersol (30 miles) and it still took 13 weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
SnowItch said:
Simply not true. GMC is running ahead of schedule for the majority of Nox/Terrains. There have been many reports of people getting their vehicles in 6-8 weeks. There does seem to be a supply problems that is delaying certain vehicles (I haven't been able to figure out what yet), and NHOJWOLFE happens to be one of those.

There are far more reports of people getting their vehicles early, so there is no validity to MHOJWOLFE's statement that GMC is lagging.
The fact that more than one person is coming forth with this story is enough to validate my personal story that I am not making up. Be it a problem with supply etc i really dont care at this point. Its still a reflection on gmc lagging a bit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Roesterman said:
I waited 13 weeks. Got mine yesterday. Put in huskyliners today and set up the radio, bluetooth, locking and lighting preferences etc. Kids tried out the DVD screens...
congrats Roesterman, Hopefully more of us will get ours soon.. Safe driving and enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went from 3100 to 3300 today, but never got the email, checked mannaully.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anzac said:
I went from 3100 to 3300 today, but never got the email, checked mannaully.
Mine never changed from 3100... weird....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts