GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has blocked off the passages on California emission cylinder head and used on federal emission vehicle..i assume that it would be okay, but was hoping for confirmation from someone

I am asking because I have an abundance of 2.4 cores that I am having machined that have California emission. If I can simply fab block off plates that would solve my problem

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am not 100% certain that those heads are easily interchangeable like that. The Cali emissions engines also have their own fuel injectors...I am not sure what would happen if someone tried to use a blocked off Cali cylinder head on a Federal emission vehicle, but then re-install the Federal injectors...if everything would seal correctly, etc. The Federal vehicle ECU is probably also calibrated for a Federal cylinder head and might have issues with a Cali head even with the block off plates. But again, I just don't know.

If this was something that was being done regularly, there would be more about it online or even some sort of kit already available to do it, but there isn't much out there. It is definitely an interesting question!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts