GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have the 4 cyl Equinox and at times in third gear the engine seems a little buzzy under moderate acceleration. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I did have the gas odor once but it has never reoccured. Could it be an exhaust leak?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
fast200 said:
Hey guys,

I have the 4 cyl Equinox and at times in third gear the engine seems a little buzzy under moderate acceleration. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I did have the gas odor once but it has never reoccured. Could it be an exhaust leak?
Define "BUZZY??"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
pawjr74 said:
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Lol
Oh,,Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...NOW I Know what he means thanks
Mine was Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz, when I first got it but I opened the window and it flew out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
But seriously I'm curious too about what the noise would be also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
This could be the result of a number of things. I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
fast200 said:
Hey guys,

I have the 4 cyl Equinox and at times in third gear the engine seems a little buzzy under moderate acceleration. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I did have the gas odor once but it has never reoccured. Could it be an exhaust leak?
Were you able to pin point where the gas odor was comming from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
islaguy said:
Were you able to pin point where the gas odor was comming from?
No. It came in the vents one day not too long after I bought it and hasn't reoccured. As you might recall I also have the intermittent start-up rattle noise. I haven't taken it in for either yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
fast200 said:
No. It came in the vents one day not too long after I bought it and hasn't reoccured. As you might recall I also have the intermittent start-up rattle noise. I haven't taken it in for either yet.
Ok Pal we have both experienced this then,like you only once but there was no mistaking that the fumes were pouring out of the vents.I have also seen this posted before.PLEASE let me know if you experience thsi again.Oh and make sure you get it in asap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
fast200 said:
No. It came in the vents one day not too long after I bought it and hasn't reoccured. As you might recall I also have the intermittent start-up rattle noise. I haven't taken it in for either yet.
I am not sure if you have read the thread I started but if you are interested and read through you will see where I made a post reflecting what we both have experienced as far as the raw gas fumes in the cab.

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=2834.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
islaguy said:
Ok Pal we have both experienced this then,like you only once but there was no mistaking that the fumes were pouring out of the vents.I have also seen this posted before.PLEASE let me know if you experience thsi again.Oh and make sure you get it in asap.
I 2nd ISLA's recommendation to get to the svc ctr ASAP. At the bare minimum get your complaints / suspicions documented, as a paper trail may prove to be a powerful ally in the event things get worse. Sure hope they don't though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
islaguy said:
I am not sure if you have read the thread I started but if you are interested and read through you will see where I made a post reflecting what we both have experienced as far as the raw gas fumes in the cab.

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=2834.0
Yea I've been following the thread quite closely. I'll request an appointment tomorrow. Did you show any correlation between ECO mode and the problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
fast200 said:
Yea I've been following the thread quite closely. I'll request an appointment tomorrow. Did you show any correlation between ECO mode and the problems?
No none at all.One thing my Terrain does have is a mind of it's own!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
islaguy said:
No none at all.One thing my Terrain does have is a mind of it's own!
Well I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get everything on record. My vehicle runs decent if I don't use ECO so I'm hoping they don't screw anything else up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
fast200 said:
Well I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get everything on record. My vehicle runs decent if I don't use ECO so I'm hoping they don't screw anything else up.
What happens in Eco mode?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
For whatever it's worth: my dealer from the start has recommended only using eco mode when cruising on the open highway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tdog said:
For whatever it's worth: my dealer from the start has recommended only using eco mode when cruising on the open highway.
I read an article from 2010 where a GM rep said it might lug in eco mode, so it doesn't really bother me. I think it is functioning as intended. I just prefer the gear selection and engine performance when its off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Tdog said:
For whatever it's worth: my dealer from the start has recommended only using eco mode when cruising on the open highway.
Hey Tdog, doesn't ECO mode (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) not really come into play when the vehicle reaches its final gear? I notice no difference in the tach after reaching 6th when in ECO versus non ECO - but notice about a 300RPM difference when at idle and early shift points. Either way, I just want my "proper" MPGs :)

PS. Tdog, Sumr has already told us the bad news, I'm seriously hoping you (and I) can stay in the clear on startup rattle. We should have one of those signs that they have in factories ( X days without a work related accident) but in our case: X days without hearing startup rattle. For me, it's a sad "ONE" day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
fast200 said:
I read an article from 2010 where a GM rep said it might lug in eco mode, so it doesn't really bother me. I think it is functioning as intended. I just prefer the gear selection and engine performance when its off.
Strangely, that actually makes me feel better - you wouldn't by any chance have a link to that article would you?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top