GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, been creeping in the site for a while. Also new to the terrain game. I bought a 2017 SLE2 a few months ago, so used but new to me. I just turned 39k miles. Just this past week my front passenger door speaker started buzzing. The noise occurs whether the entertainment system is on or off and varies with the speed of the engine, so I’m assuming I have some electrical interference. I saw posts on this issue on early versions of the terrain. Has anyone experienced this on the ‘16-‘17 version? Seems people had different levels success in solving this. Looking for advice. I guess the saying that everything goes after the warranty is gonna prove true.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Ground loop??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure. I’m assuming it’s a grounding issue with the speaker or the amp. This clip is me sitting in park revving the engine between 1k-3k rpm. Entertainment system and the climate control is off.

https://youtu.be/HUdiXLAinHg

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a similar issue years ago on one of my cars. Static in speaker, that varied intensity depending on engine RPMs. Turned out to be a bad ignition coil. The bad coil was replaced and the static went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts