GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this bike rack a few weeks ago for the Terrain and it's been great. The best part about it is that the back door can be opened with issues with rails getting in the way. It also looks really cool and has very solid construction.

http://www.buzzrack.com/products.php?product=2

After looking at a lot of roof mounted racks and (trailer hitch mounted as well) we decided on the Buzz. The unit was on sale for $200 CAN, so that didn't hurt either.

We bought the rack when we were visiting family in southern BC. We used it for a few days around town and then headed back to Northern BC with one bike mounted on the roof.

Wind noise is minimal, with or without bikes, even at 110 km/h. When we opened the sunroof there was a decent howl with the bike on it, but with it closed you can barely hear it.

At first I wasn't too sure about the quick-lock mounting for the front forks, but after driving on some rough back roads without any issues I'm sold. The rack is soooo easy to remove from the roof too. I just leave the mounting brackets on my roof rails and then pop the rack on and off when I need it. If I have to go through a car wash it's simple to pop off and throw in the back of the vehicle. Very convenient.

I haven't used the storage bag yet, but it's good quality and has quite a bit of room.

I'll add some pictures soon. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the link! I checked it out, and I love it! Just what I need.
discountramps.com has it for $179.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive the dirty Terrain, it's a dust pit here this time of year.

Picture #3 - The back door is at 100% and the tire just barely touches the tire. You can adjust the front forks forward about 3" so you don't have to worry about the door hitting at 100% open.

Picture #4 - This is our usual setting for the door so I haven't worried about adjusting the front forks forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more just to show it from the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just installed a Curt hitch on my Equinox and use it with a Thule 954 Ridgeline rack. It can carry four bikes and it tilts down so I can open the hatch without removing the bike rack. Definitely a winning combination.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
What is that sticker that you have on the back quarter window?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a full Thule System (load bars and feet, 2 big mouth trays, and a fairing).....worked wonderfully, i also have the tow package so I have a hitch mount for some more bikes....i can have a fully loaded car of friends and still carry all of their bikes!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts