GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law offered to sell me a silver 2005 Equinox. He fixes up old cars as a hobby. He was going to give to his wife, but she likes the van she drives.

It is a one owner car with 78,000 miles non salvage. He said it looks really clean underneath, brakes too, interior is very clean and paint is pristine (except a door ding).
I know very little about Chevy. The price is only $3700. Any major concerns with this first gen car? He said it runs hotter than other cars. I gotta get new tires and HVAC control needs to be replaced (worn).

Many thanks. Todd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dealer Trade in is less than $800. The car, regardless of miles is not worth $3700.. Dad is NOT doing you a favor.

1st GEN NOXs have TERRIBLE road noise. They are very loud boxes.

At $3700 its a HARD PASS for me. I'd be open at $1500-2000.

·
Registered
93 Posts
miles are nice. but the price is not so great. is he really cheap in that he wants to charge his kids spouse RETAIL?

·
Registered
93 Posts
miles are nice. but the price is not so great. is he really cheap in that he wants to charge his kids spouse RETAIL?

and it runs HOT? bad headgaskets sounds like too me

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My father in law offered to sell me a silver 2005 Equinox. He fixes up old cars as a hobby. He was going to give to his wife, but she likes the van she drives.

It is a one owner car with 78,000 miles non salvage. He said it looks really clean underneath, brakes too, interior is very clean and paint is pristine (except a door ding).
I know very little about Chevy. The price is only $3700. Any major concerns with this first gen car? He said it runs hotter than other cars. I gotta get new tires and HVAC control needs to be replaced (worn).

Many thanks. Todd
Unless you have a genuine love affair going with this year, make and model I would pass on this one.
The 2005 Equinox came with the made in China 3.4L V-6 and the Aisin AF33 5 speed trans. made in Japan.

This combination has been a bit ..."fussy".
Just saying it like it is.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Maybe he’s expecting you to negotiate with him? Offer him $500 and bump your offer twice but don’t go over $900 ... and that’s only if you’re sure it won’t need a head gasket.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The OP has not been back on the site since September 2019.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts