GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a disabled daughter that I have a DVD with 2 hours worth of recorded football that she watches while traveling. I know it sounds strange but she will only watch football, basketball, or older sitcoms. When she is cranky she will only watch football and not the others. I have had a disk that I made several years ago that has worked it 3 other vehicles but will not work in the NOX. I tried burning it again on a different disk but still does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? The disks works fine in all other devices I have tried it in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
orion7144 said:
I have a disabled daughter that I have a DVD with 2 hours worth of recorded football that she watches while traveling. I know it sounds strange but she will only watch football, basketball, or older sitcoms. When she is cranky she will only watch football and not the others. I have had a disk that I made several years ago that has worked it 3 other vehicles but will not work in the NOX. I tried burning it again on a different disk but still does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? The disks works fine in all other devices I have tried it in.
It's possible it might be a region thing. There is a free program that will rip a DVD and re-burn it region free to a new disk using Nero, I don't know if it use other burning software or not, the only one I have tried is Nero. It's worth a try. The software is called DVD Shrink 3.1, make sure you get version 3.1

If your burning software doesn't work with DVD Shrink there is also another free program, Winx DVD ripper that I believe also rips a DVD region free, and should work with any burning software that will burn video files.

·
Registered
177 Posts
orion7144 said:
It sounds like the Nox is fussy about playing home-made DVDs. You used to see this more in earlier car audio systems where only pressed (store-bought) CDs would play. CDs you burned from a computer would not play because they would not reflect enough laser light.

You can try a couple of things. First, use a different brand of DVD. Or try using a DVD-RW instead of a DVD-R (which I’m assuming you are using now). The DVD-RW formulation is different and may reflect enough light for it to play.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Or try a DVD+R. I'm assuming you're finalizing after burning. It shouldn't be a region thing .... all of North America is one region. Are you using the same burner as the other discs that don't have a problem?
RW disks + or - won't work in some players.
I've had tons of problems with my Harley playing home burned discs. Older players would only play 65 minute discs and not 84 minute ones. Try finding 65 minute discs....not easy.
I never had half the problems recording to video tape like I have with digital media.
Another issue with the Terrain's player is it has problems with discs that have a labels on them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill try different blank media since it was a -R and it was the type of disk you can print on (although I did not).

Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
GARYD said:
Or try a DVD+R. I'm assuming you're finalizing after burning. It shouldn't be a region thing .... all of North America is one region. Are you using the same burner as the other discs that don't have a problem?
RW disks + or - won't work in some players.
I've had tons of problems with my Harley playing home burned discs. Older players would only play 65 minute discs and not 84 minute ones. Try finding 65 minute discs....not easy.
I never had half the problems recording to video tape like I have with digital media.
Another issue with the Terrain's player is it has problems with discs that have a labels on them.
I should have thought about the -R thing also, I had a home player that wouldn't read the -Rs. All I buy now is the +Rs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it to work. I think I had two issues. 1 was the disk was pretty scratched and would only work in a couple of players and the other is I do not think that the system likes burnt disks with anything on them. I had tried my printable ones and they would not work in it. They are a little thicker then normal ones. Luckily I was able to image the disk then re-burn it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I did have an issue a couple months ago...it wouldn't eject my disk that i put a lable on. The disks that have no lable eject fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts