GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Thanks. I got your links and I will pass these to the techs

Kevin
Was it OK to post the links in this thread (?) ... because they got stripped off by the Moderator in the Acadia Forum.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Hello there,

It is fine to leave the links here.
If the mods and admins don't want the links here, please add a dash somewhere in the link for us.
We need these links so we can forward it to the techs.

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
New one: (‘X’ added in front of https to disable)

Xhttps://yakuzabestgift.world/19c9357cf066e403c68f81d396536a6d/index.html?isp=Charter%20Communications%20Inc&trackid=20190216111403158#

Attachments

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Xhttps://preciousgiftofgod.world/1f44ca177858b6870bdf1d88fa766a45/index.html?isp=Charter%20Communications%20Inc&trackid=201902191111453041#

Another one (with “X” pre-pended). And *this* time it happened (repeatedly) using the “full” version!

Attachments

·
Administrator
598 Posts
I have added those for the techs.
Let me know if you are still encountering these.

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
(21.) How much trouble would it be to add the “Like” capability to the Mobile Enhanced Version of this forum? It doesn’t seem like something like this would bog it down too much?

Reactions: RIT333

·
Administrator
598 Posts
It's something on the "To Do" list but no timeline on being implemented. It's more complicated then you'd assume to integrate the Likes system, which come from a 3rd party software developer, with our own Mobile layout

Kevin

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
It's something on the "To Do" list but no timeline on being implemented. It's more complicated then you'd assume to integrate the Likes system, which come from a 3rd party software developer, with our own Mobile layout

Kevin
No offense, but I’m curious: Is this a job for you guys or just a hobby?

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Yes, this is a job, we understand the frustration and we'll provide an update once that's implemented.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Yes, this is a job, we understand the frustration and we'll provide an update once that's implemented.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
No inconvenience, and I doubt anybody's losing any sleep over this stuff because - for forum members, at least ... it's a hobby.

And with regard to adding the "Like" capability to Mobile ... I wasn't insinuating that it would be easy to implement, I was just theorizing that it probably wouldn't slow down the Mobile app, as that is what is most appealing with it over using the full version on a phone.

F.Y.I.: You're probably aware of this, but the Acadia forum just switched to a new platform where the desktop and mobile apps *look* the same. You can do "Likes" on both, but you can't see the signatures on the Mobile, for some reason (which is kind of important).

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
Haven't been able to get onto this Forum with the Mobile Version in about two weeks now due to those Trojans continuously popping up.

Here's a "live" account of what happens:

I just connect, scroll up and down the "main" screen, nothing seems to happen. I then hit the "NEW" button, I wait for the annoying "What's New" pop-up (because I want to kill it, but if you don't wait for it, you have to scroll back up to the top because tapping the "X" button to kill it always brings up the post directly behind it ... which is also annoying). But anyway, I tap the "X" to kill the "What's New" pop-up, and start scrolling the "What's New" list of posts ... still no Trojan pop-up ... open a post ... still no pop-up ... switch from post to post ... still no pop-up.

OK ... maybe that's fixed?

So I log in now ... scroll up and down ... no Trojan (yet) ... I hit the "NEW" button, scroll up and down ... still no Trojan (yet) ...I hit the "Poplular" button ... scroll up and down ... still no Trojan (yet) ... went in and out of threads, used "Jumped to Latest" button, posted a Reply ... still no Trojan.

Hmmm ... this is definitely different behavior. Maybe the Admins installed the blockers on these Trojans? Or maybe these Trojans are geo-sensitive?? Could that be?

BTW: I'm having the same problem across FIVE of these same-type Forums: TerrainForum.net, ChevyBolt.org, ChevyMalibuForum.com, ImpalaForums.com, and AcadiaForum.net.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I access this forum through terrain forum.net

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I access this forum through terrain forum.net
I do too, but do you access it on a mobile device, or always on a desktop machine? They say it's the same application on both platforms, but it's not. It just has the same "look and feel" ... which is great, but they're each susceptible to these attacks independently because I do almost the exact same "surfing" on both platforms and I only have issues on the mobile version. And it's been that way for these auto Forums back to the previous version of software, except this is the first time I've seen simultaneously affect all five Forums! Before, it was one or two, and the admins applied "blockers" to stop it.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I use both Android phone, and Windows Laptop, with no problems on either. Yes, the application looks identical on either.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
No issues here either on tablets, phone or PC.

Get Malwarebytes and scan the phone for gremlins.

It will identify any potential unwanted programs or apps. After the scan, you can go through the list and decide if the potential risk hould be deleted or something you want.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
We have blocked all the pop-up ads and they should no longer be bothering you. If you see anymore of these ads, please let us know so that we can remove them too.

Daniel

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
We have blocked all the pop-up ads and they should no longer be bothering you. If you see anymore of these ads, please let us know so that we can remove them too.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel! Looking clean and clear so far this week!

Reactions: admin2
101 - 118 of 118 Posts