GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Is this still an issue? When clicking the Notifications link it shows all the available options. The Likes received when clicked will take you to your profile however and this is a bug thats being looked into. You can clear the likes received by going to your profile page and clicking "Likes Received" in the mini statistics box.

- JB

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Is this still an issue? When clicking the Notifications link it shows all the available options. The Likes received when clicked will take you to your profile however and this is a bug thats being looked into. You can clear the likes received by going to your profile page and clicking "Likes Received" in the mini statistics box.

- JB
"Your Notifications" is still broken for "New Likes" (as you seemed to indicate), but I *did* click on the link in the mini-statistics box to finally read through the "Likes" list. That worked (and cleared the number), so thanks for that tip...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
(19.) Is there a problem with Private Messages? I had one vanish into thin air on me yesterday. Was sent from my iPhone 6 (iOS 11.4.1). Today I went to re-create it using my desktop computer and when I went to send it I found I was logged out. So I used the (presented) log-in window to log back in - and expected the message to be sent upon login, but the screen just went completely blank (white) and never returned. BTW: Is there a "Keep me Logged in Forever" option? I find sometimes I get logged out while composing a post, and then when I log in ... sometimes the post gets sent, and other times it just gets lost.

UPDATE: Apparently just lost another one! Sent from my desktop PC, appeared to send OK, but no sign of it in my SENT folder 7 hours later

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
UPDATE (7/30/18): Cannot send Private Messages. I thought maybe size was the problem, so I sent a couple very short messages. Both times - no errors, appeared to send OK, but never showed up in my SENT folder (like previous messages had). This person has sent a message to *me* since (so I can still *receive* PMs), but clearly did not receive any of the previous messages I sent.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Your setting for "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" is set to No. This is why your sent folder is empty. You can change it by going to User CP > Edit Options > Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default > Yes

Once that is done, send a PM and see if it saves in there.

Also, ensure your bookmarks, urls, ect are all starting with HTTPS and not http. Clear cache and cookies and use the remember me check box when logging in.

- JB

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Your setting for "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" is set to No. This is why your sent folder is empty. You can change it by going to User CP > Edit Options > Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default > Yes

Once that is done, send a PM and see if it saves in there.

Also, ensure your bookmarks, urls, ect are all starting with HTTPS and not http. Clear cache and cookies and use the remember me check box when logging in.

- JB
OK, I reset the checkbox, but I'd just sent a PM on July 24th and it saved to my SENT items just fine, so something happened between then and now. I did not uncheck that box ... and it's not something I could've inadvertently done, either. It's too buried down in the screen hierarchy.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Might've been a hiccup with in the system that unchecked that box.
Is it working now?

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Might've been a hiccup with in the system that unchecked that box.
Is it working now?

Ed
Yeah. I checked the box. Just didn't think to look for that since the last successful SENT item was the 24th (and I was sending another message just a couple days after that).

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Ok. Keep us posted if it gets unchecked again. Something could be messing with the setting still.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
(20). Enhancement: “Jump To Resolution” button.

Just read 50+ posts about a Terrain with a mis-Fire, stumble, whatever ... and the “final verdict” was - the guy traded the vehicle in because the dealer could not fix the problem (after repeated visits and numerous parts replaced from plugs & coils to torque converter).

Sure would be nice to have a “Jump To Resolution” button that would jump directly to the OP’s resolution to the original problem (which may not be at the very bottom of the thread).

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
(20). Enhancement: “Jump To Resolution” button.

Just read 50+ posts about a Terrain with a mis-Fire, stumble, whatever ... and the “final verdict” was - the guy traded the vehicle in because the dealer could not fix the problem (after repeated visits and numerous parts replaced from plugs & coils to torque converter).

Sure would be nice to have a “Jump To Resolution” button that would jump directly to the OP’s resolution to the original problem (which may not be at the very bottom of the thread).

That would be a big waste of time, because in 99% of the cases, a person will have an issue, and then never report back how it was resolved. Nature of the beast. LOL

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Just to speak from the technical side, I don't know how that kind of thing would be implemented. I did a bit of looking to see if some other forum has already tried to implement something like this, and came up empty.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Just to speak from the technical side, I don't know how that kind of thing would be implemented. I did a bit of looking to see if some other forum has already tried to implement something like this, and came up empty.

Kevin
Yeah, I don’t know how much flexibility (or access) you guys have to implement custom controls, but functionally-speaking - it would probably just be a button (similar to “Like”) called “Solved” that would be a jump button in all posts except the one where the OP clicked it to create the marker. Only the OP would be able to set the marker, like “Like”. While no “Solved” marker has been set, the jump buttons should be hidden.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Hey there,

Unforuntately I don't think this is something vBulletin can offer.
But a workaround I suggest is this, if the solution is found within the thread, the OP can edit their first original post and put the solution into it?
Would that suffice?

Ed

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Hey there,

Unforuntately I don't think this is something vBulletin can offer.
But a workaround I suggest is this, if the solution is found within the thread, the OP can edit their first original post and put the solution into it?
Would that suffice?

Ed

You are assuming that people will be polite, and take the time to do that. Ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
It’s B-A-C-K!

The infamous AND VERY ANNOYING “Congratulations” pop-up. I just started seeing this again, and reported it, on the Acadia “sister” site. Now it’s happening here. As always, iPhone running Enhanced Mobile, latest iOS. Never see this on desktop/laptop - only on my phone using Safari. Clearing cache and history doesn’t stop it. When it happens you have to stop and restart the browser. VERY annoying. Happens while scrolling most of the time. Never see it while editing a post. Seems to be blocked when in this mode (thank God!).

Sent PM with some of the URLs...

·
Administrator
598 Posts
we don't approve of redirects.
But we can't manually approve every single creative (ad product) out there.
So there's probably a partner out there somewhere; who has bad creative.
Which is causing a redirect.

OR
the phone is compromised.
There's no incentive on our end to redirect users AWAY from our site.

you can try clearing cache and cookies. but if that doesn't work, please keep record of the pop up redirects (screenshot) and provide a link to where the redirect is going, we can use that to locate the specific ad and prevent it from popping up again on others' devices.

Lee

·
Administrator
598 Posts
It’s B-A-C-K!

The infamous AND VERY ANNOYING “Congratulations” pop-up. I just started seeing this again, and reported it, on the Acadia “sister” site. Now it’s happening here. As always, iPhone running Enhanced Mobile, latest iOS. Never see this on desktop/laptop - only on my phone using Safari. Clearing cache and history doesn’t stop it. When it happens you have to stop and restart the browser. VERY annoying. Happens while scrolling most of the time. Never see it while editing a post. Seems to be blocked when in this mode (thank God!).

what's your OS version? I will need specifics. and can you grab me a screenshot?

Lee

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
It’s B-A-C-K!

what's your OS version? I will need specifics. and can you grab me a screenshot?

Lee
iOS version 12.1.2 (the latest). As for screenshots ... it’s always the same stupid “Congratulations” message, but with different URLs (which I PM’d you).

Also - for several weeks now (if not months), while surfing this site on my phone, the screen frequently locks or freezes up, and I have to wait about 10+ seconds for a white banner at the top of the screen with the familiar “x” closeout button that says, “this webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred”. This only happens using the iPhone 6S, with Safari, running Enhanced Mobile. Never seen it on a laptop/desktop.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 118 Posts