GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
15.) Bug: Sometimes when I hit the "POST" button (to post my reply), I get this "VBulletin Message" screen that goes something like this: "my submission could not be processed because I had logged in since the previous page was loaded".

Then it says to use the back button to reload the previous window, but it just ends up getting caught in an infinite loop and I lose the post all together.

I've since learned to COPY my posts prior to sending, but sometimes I forget to do that and get burned. Very aggravating.

Do you know what causes this? I've seen it with Chrome, and since switching to Firefox, I'm still seeing it. This problem *never* happens on my iPhone using Safari. All posts *always* submit successfully there...

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I solely use Firefox, and have never gotten your mentioned message. ...just a data point.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I solely use Firefox, and have never gotten your mentioned message. ...just a data point.
It *may* have something to do with opening a 2nd tab to the forum while composing a post. Sometimes I do that to review another post while I'm composing mine. That was the case when it happened the last time, but I think it's happened without the 2nd tab, too.

Give that a try with Firefox.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
It *may* have something to do with opening a 2nd tab to the forum while composing a post. Sometimes I do that to review another post while I'm composing mine. That was the case when it happened the last time, but I think it's happened without the 2nd tab, too.

Give that a try with Firefox.
OK, this has 2 tabs of the forum open and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Another test...for my friend ColtHero !

Sorry - It also worked flawlessly,

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Another test...for my friend ColtHero !

Sorry - It also worked flawlessly,
Try this:

1.) Start a new post

2.) Open the 2nd tab and go into that same thread again with this tab

3.) Verify you are logged in on both tabs

4.) Now complete your post on the original tab and send it. It may also be time sensitive, like after so many minutes the 2nd tab is now the “logged in” tab and your 1st tab is now unable to post.

But once it’s sent, it gets locked in an infinite loop and you can’t get your post back to save it.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Hey there,

The edit limit is set to 1 day
For the post above, are you not able to post by just one current tab?

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hey there,

The edit limit is set to 1 day
For the post above, are you not able to post by just one current tab?

Ed
I can post. Don't get me wrong. And I just tested my theory (two open tabs logged in to the same thread) with my latest post and it worked fine, so I don't know what's causing this issue (that only happens maybe 10-20% of the time?).

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Hmm strange, I'm not getting this error.
If it's 10-20% of the time, then it's most likely just a small hiccup within the forum software.
The next time this happens, try clearing your cache and cookies and see if that fixed the issue.

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Hmm strange, I'm not getting this error.
If it's 10-20% of the time, then it's most likely just a small hiccup within the forum software.
The next time this happens, try clearing your cache and cookies and see if that fixed the issue.

Ed
Problem is - when it happens, the post is lost (unless I COPY it prior, which I've got in the habit of trying to remember to do). So I can clear my cache, sure ... but at that point, the damage has been done.

Here's the screenshot:

Attachments

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Hey there,

I would consider sticking to one tab and posting on one tab if you're having this issue.
Are you quick replying or using go advanced?

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey there,

I would consider sticking to one tab and posting on one tab if you're having this issue.
Are you quick replying or using go advanced?

Ed
Quick reply.

I copy all my posts before sending now (if I remember to do it, that is).

The reason I do the 2-tab thing is because some threads go multiple pages, and I often have to refer back to a page not currently displayed for my reply. I don't think it's a 2-tab problem, though because it just happened again yesterday with 1-tab.

How about a log-out issue? I might be losing my login in the middle of the post. Maybe it's not taking into account "active" posting activity to reset the timer? Maybe it's just counting page-changing, or other button clicks?

·
Administrator
598 Posts
For your login issue. Whether you are logged in or not, this is controlled by cookies.
So it could be that your browser is set up to not allow cookies from the site, or is clearing them too regularly.
Check your settings, and if they are good then it could a corrupted cookie file causing it, so try cleaning out cookies and cache for your browser.

Also be sure to check off the 'Remember Me' box next to your login info. Let us know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance.

Ed

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
New Feature Implemented?

Just noticed on the Mobile Enhanced app that it now saves a Draft copy of your “in-progress” post if you exit in the middle and then return. It puts a red dot on the (+) post button to indicate the presence of the draft.

Is this a new feature, or was it always there and you just added the red dot?

·
Administrator
598 Posts
I don't think I've seen the red dot myself, but saving drafts has been a feature before.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
(16.) Enhancement: Add a sub-post counter for each poster in a thread that would show how many posts that member has in a particular thread. Being able to filter for them, or just jump forward or backward through them would be a nice feature, too.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
(16.) Enhancement: Add a sub-post counter for each poster in a thread that would show how many posts that member has in a particular thread. Being able to filter for them, or just jump forward or backward through them would be a nice feature, too.
Interesting concept, I'll see if there's an existing plugin for this.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
(17.) Enhancement: Show “Signatures” in Enhanced Mobile View.

·
Administrator
598 Posts
This is something we already have on the list of future improvements.

Danniella

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
(18.) "Your Notifications" is not displaying the "New Likes Received" link list. When you click on it it just shows the blank window with the tabs up top ("Statistics", etc). Also - the Notifications number cannot be cleared for "Likes". If I scroll down while it's trying to build the window, I THINK I see the list for a brief instant, but then it disappears

FYI: the "New Post Quotes" link seems to be working OK. It displays the link list and decrements the number upon exit.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts