GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with a Brownstone Leather interior Terrain, what color is the carpet? I want to order a Weathertech cargo mat and I'm not sure if I should get the black or brown mat. Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the brownstone interior in my Equinox. The carpet and surrounded plastic mouldings around the floor are all black. I bought black husky weathertech floor mats, they fit like a glove and look beautiful!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Get the black one. Here's a photo of our DigitalFit liners with the brownstone interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I ordered the Weathertech black cargo liner. This is now my third Weathertech cargo liner, I guess I like them.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hello,

I have the brownstone interior as well and i got the weather tech malts in black. It looks really good together. Did you say that you can get a cargo mat (for in the hatch area)? Or was i mistaken? Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
innocnt said:
Hello,

I have the brownstone interior as well and i got the weather tech malts in black. It looks really good together. Did you say that you can get a cargo mat (for in the hatch area)? Or was i mistaken? Thanks
Yes, I'm referring to the cargo area. Weathertech has a nice one that will fold at the rear to accomodate the sliding position of the back seat.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They look nice, will have to get a set after I get a Terrain later this year.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
DavidPJ said:
Yes, I'm referring to the cargo area. Weathertech has a nice one that will fold at the rear to accomodate the sliding position of the back seat.
Do you happen to have pics? I'd love to see some...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
innocnt said:
Do you happen to have pics? I'd love to see some...
No pics yet, both Terrain and liner are on order. I'll post a picture when I can.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
That would be great. I got the black weathertech digital fit mats for the front and back. I'm looking into the cargo liner as well. I love the mats. They fit like a glove... lol.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you guys cannot find something to match the brownstone I have a solution. Trade with me haha, Ill send you all my black pieces you send me all the brownstone. :p

G

·
From all the research I've done on this forum the concenses is that the husky liner mats for the front and rear seats is better than the weathertech floor liners, but that the weathertech has the better rear cargo floor liner. The Husky's are also much less expensive too.

I heard the problem with the weathertech up front is that they have the holes cut out of the button to mate to the hooks in the floor of the vehicle to hold them in place.....these holes defeat the purpose of the floor mats and allow an opening for salt, water and crud to get through on to your carpets. The husky's are molded to latch in to that hook on the floor and hold in place but it's not a hole right through and still totally sealed. Looks like you could literally pour a couple gallons of water in the liner without it leaking over the edges.

The weathertech cargo liner is better becasee it has a fold in the back that can completely cover the cargo floor when the rear seats are fully forward or fully back.

I've ordered the husky's for my front/rear seat liners and will go with the weathertech cargo liner in the back. Black of course :)

Anyone else agree with this...husky's in the front, weathertech in the cargo.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes, I bought Huskyliners because they have a dome rather than a hole. Thought hole would allow salty water to seep through.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not too concerned about the Weathertech's and the holes in the liners for the anchors. First of all, the holes have a lip raised around them. Secondly, the hole is just big enough to slide the anchor in. In fact, every time I wash our 'Nox and take out the liners, it's not that easy to get the anchors to fit back into the holes.

·
Registered
977 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
I'm not too concerned about the Weathertech's and the holes in the liners for the anchors. First of all, the holes have a lip raised around them. Secondly, the hole is just big enough to slide the anchor in. In fact, every time I wash our 'Nox and take out the liners, it's not that easy to get the anchors to fit back into the holes.
I second that. The holes are softrubber and acyually wrap aroung the anchors. Also they are close to the seat where I doubt much dirt or water will acumulate.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
+1 to that... I just ordered my cargo liner ans cant wait for it to get here. As for the mats, if you take them out when you wash your vehicle there should not be a big issue with it. I haven't had any issues with it but i am of course VERY anal about keeping my terrain clean so it gets cleaned every day if not every second day.... lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ICEBEAR said:
That would be great. I got the black weathertech digital fit mats for the front and back. I'm looking into the Weathertech cargo liner as well. I love the mats. They fit like a glove... lol.
I guess im also going to get one of this as im currently looking for a good cargo liner. I just hope this has the good quality.

G

·
From all the posts I've read and researched on this forum the concensus seems to be:
Husky for the floor liners and weathertech for the cargo area.
This is what I've got and it's awesome.

Plus why buy a floor liner with a hole in it when you can get one without? The husky's are also much less expensive and I think look better!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
clarkandrew45 said:
I guess im also going to get one of this as im currently looking for a good cargo liner. I just hope this has the good quality.
Yes your getting good quality... You'll be happy with your purchase. I know i was.... On another note they are very easy to clean and they clean up very nice. I had some cheap mats in my car before i got the Terrain and when i would wash them i moticed that i wasnt able to get all the dirt and grime off of them (even with a toothbrush)... Not the hubby's though... lol. They would leave mud stains in the mat. But the weathertech ones look brand new again after you wash them and they dry easliy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts